What's the bet this turkey was in a ssanyong ute

Page 2 / 3
esky-tastic, Dec 31, 7:05pm
I agree 100% too.

ree6, Dec 31, 7:52pm
I must of missed the bit where it says he wasn't given a ticket.

bumfacingdown, Dec 31, 7:59pm
I think some have read into it that because it does not say he was ticketed therefore he was not

ree6, Dec 31, 8:13pm
Yeah, I suppose.
A few on here don't need much encouragement to bag the cops, resort to name calling, or have a whinge or be outraged about some perceived injustice; mustn't let facts rain on their parade.

kazbanz, Dec 31, 8:17pm
I wonder if the "top cop" was in a marked car.
Maybee it wasn't the 25km/h driver the people weren't prepared to pass but in fact the cop car.
Might be the hold up was on a section of yellow lines

skin1235, Dec 31, 8:35pm
that would be my interpretation exactly, they do not mention a ticket ergo he did not get one

butterfly05, Dec 31, 9:04pm
Iv seen this before on the takapau planes. Perfectly straight roads and about 20-30 cars following a green mufty station wagon cop car (about 75-80kmh) with lights on the top (about 15 years ago).
Anyway long story short I passed the whole lot of them including the cop car (I didnt know it was a cop car until I got closer to him but kept going anyway, LOL young and stupid I admit it). The copper pulled me over a long way down the road and preceded to be rather embarrassed about the whole thing and never even ticketed me. I doubt that would ever happen these days.

I like to think I did the rest of those drivers a favour. LOL. Obviously iv never done it since.

butterfly05, Dec 31, 9:11pm
If it was the top cop he wouldnt even have a ticket book in their car (just like my story above I suspect) so likely couldnt even be bothered with the hassle of issuing a ticket as he'd likely have to call a traffic officer out.

I dont think its to difficult at all to believe this guy never got a ticket.

rob_rooster, Dec 31, 9:13pm
Lol, I remember overtaking a Cop in a marked car on the open road that was doing the speed limit, I went past him at around 110 and he gave me this surprised look!
Didnt get pulled over amazingly lol.

elect70, Dec 31, 9:17pm
More likely a box around the ears & i dont mean the furry kind .

socram, Dec 31, 9:27pm
Even if the Top Cop didn't have a ticket book with him, it hasn't stopped other people getting issued with tickets purely on the basis of a reported incident. If off duty Top Cop had reported him, I guarantee a ticket would have been issued. Much as I criticise the occasional over zealous cop who wants his ticket numbers up the league table, instead of issuing a justified warning, this is a classic case of a driver who quite clearly should not be on the road at all, so in terms of road safety, this was a golden opportunity lost to get publicity for doing something sensible and act as a salutary warning to other road hogs.

Don't forget that in the news report, he stated that he had 'forgotten to look in the mirror'. For goodness sake, how bad do you have to be to be deserving of a ticket?

Isn't there an offence "driving without due consideration for other road users"? Forgetting to look in the mirror is also careless driving.

esky-tastic, Dec 31, 9:38pm
You were probably only doing 105.

esky-tastic, Dec 31, 9:40pm
It's probably in the mail right now!

bumfacingdown, Dec 31, 9:40pm
Or 103

bumfacingdown, Dec 31, 9:42pm
But that can not be taken for granted, eh?

skin1235, Dec 31, 9:48pm
living, and dying, are the only things thast can be taken for granted - yes get your point, wouldn't the press hound have questioned re ticket, and done another 3 paragraphs if confirmed

bumfacingdown, Dec 31, 9:57pm
Its the Xmas/New Year break so who knows but the pursuit makes for better copy

ree6, Dec 31, 11:20pm
Nah, it's far easier to jump to a conclusion.

skin1235, Dec 31, 11:38pm
you're determined to get your point across eh, but your assumption he may have got one, or did get one is just as baseless as ours that he did not get one, and far too dangerous for you to jump to a conclusion either way
okay, we get the point, it is not proven he did or did not get a ticket

and if he did get one it should have been an instant revocation of his license for 3 yrs min

ree6, Dec 31, 11:43pm
The automatic assumption was that he never got a ticket; I just introduced some balance.
On what basis should his license have been revoked ?

skin1235, Dec 31, 11:50pm
that balance was a jump to a conclusion just the same

careless driving, dangerous driving, hazardous to other traffic, failing to be aware of other traffic, failing to indicate, hell smack him down for even waking up that day - he's a pest and a nuisance on the road, either deliberately or completely oblivious to others on the road, either should get him kicked to the curb for a few years

ree6, Dec 31, 11:55pm
Oh I get it now, you're a little overwrought.

esky-tastic, Dec 31, 11:59pm
Goodness me!

I bet a few here are glad YOU aren't a Judge!

skin1235, Jan 1, 12:01am
lol, and just as many who would agree too
good god, are we not allowed to vent anymore, everything must obey your sense of righteousness

jantar, Apr 6, 11:23am
You missed obstructing other traffic. I would ask how he even got a licence.