What's the bet this turkey was in a ssanyong ute

Page 1 / 3
purplegoat, Dec 31, 12:51am
Waikato's top cop held up by slow driver enjoying the sun
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/75524974/Waikatos-top-cop-held-up-by-slow-driver-enjoying-the-sun?cid=app-iPad

And was the ignorant twat given a ticket . hell no

intrade, Dec 31, 1:04am
hehey speed kills! that goes for pigs also.
at least they done one thing correctly for once
"While a pursuit of the fleeing driver was initiated, the sergeant quickly abandoned it due to the nature of the woman's driving."

esky-tastic, Dec 31, 1:38am
Well at least the quote was grammatical and with correct spelling. as for the rest of that post. hmmm.

elect70, Dec 31, 2:57am
Thats the sort of speed that kills , drivers will take higher risk to overtake the idiot . Cop should have booked the bastard for creating a dangerous road hazard

franc123, Dec 31, 3:11am
Who the hell drives at 25kph on an open section of state highway and is completely oblivious to the hazard they are causing? Since the dropkick was enjoying the sun so much he should have also been forced to enjoy a head dunk in a bucket of freezing cold water to wake up and been slapped with a fine and 40 points. Its careless use of a motor vehicle, plain and simple.

tweake, Dec 31, 3:22am
exactly. they are just doing it to cause trouble.

intrade, Dec 31, 3:50am
well 25kph is not exeeding the 4kph limmit where you aperantly die if you exeed it . or does speed actuarly not kill? then why make tv adds that speed kills to start with?
also there is no slow speed radar fines , so i dont know where your problems are its all in line with what the pigs want you to do annoy the crap out of everyone behind slam on your brakes if you see your going 55 in a 50kph zone because you die when you drive 55kph
. Hey you dont have to slam on your brakes you just have to pay money to the pigs as that saves your lives as well as slow driving.

captaink, Dec 31, 3:53am
Was thinking of how John Rae had his $250k Mercedes impounded when he did a 'U' turn in the main street of Te Awamutu under the knee jerk boy racer legislation, 'sustained loss of traction' he didn't present any danger to the motoring public but they screwed him good.
Be interesting to see what legislation they impounded this jerks car on and how long his licence is cancelled for, because plain and simple this person should NOT be in driving, he is a danger to every other driver on the road.

intrade, Dec 31, 4:02am
where do you read this?
impounded this jerks car on and how long his licence is cancelled for,

captaink, Dec 31, 4:13am
That's just the problem intrade, I didn't read it and I suspect he only got a telling off, whereas the byline should read, 'Inattentive driver holding up 60 - 70 cars whilst not looking in his mirrors has car impounded and Licence cancelled for Careless Use of a Motor Vehicle'. that's-
what I was alluding to.

butterfly05, Dec 31, 5:09am
This proves another point. The fact that likely over half of that 70 odd people couldnt/wouldnt pass another motorist doing 25km/h is the other problem.

How hard is it really to pass another vehicle thats only doing 25km/h? Its just not! Yes you have to be careful but its just not that difficult an undertaking!

This plonker should have the book thrown at him but it also highlights that people are just shit scared of making any sort of passing maneuver these days! Most likely due to all the ridiculous police propaganda over the last 15 years.

It gob smacks me when im just out for a normal drive and you get the usual 70-90kmh operators and nobody will pass them.

franc123, Dec 31, 5:16am
Dead right, there is a proportion of drivers who refuse to pass anything now due to all thus Go Slightly Over The Limit And We Nail You attitude from the cops. Its not good.

clatty, Dec 31, 5:38am
I was pulled up doing 25 KPH in my ssangyong . I was given a box of chocolates and flowers by a beautiful woman police officer who congratulated me on my careful driving . She also gave me her phone number.

rob_rooster, Dec 31, 6:51am
I had to admit, got a bit of a laugh out of this!

joanie04, Dec 31, 7:58am
Have you driven the stretch of road this plonker was holding up the traffic? From memory a lot of it is tight and winding and I would imagine not many places to overtake. All the more reason he should be charged and his vehicle impounded.

purplegoat, Dec 31, 8:28am
If the clown was doing 25 km as stated then there's ample places to pass safely if you have even a basic understanding of how to drive .
And if there was nowhere safe to pass then I'd be leaning on the horn until this twat got the message

clatty, Dec 31, 8:52am
purplegoat wrote:
Waikato'-
s top cop held up by slow driver enjoying the sun
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/75524974/Waikatos-top-cop-held-up-by-slow-driver-enjoying-the-sun?cid=app-iPad
In a straight line waihi to whangamata is 20.3 ks so it aint the crime of the century. He made a mistake , get over yourself

jantar, Dec 31, 9:28am
40 minutes for a drive that should take less than 20 minutes. That is 20 minutes stolen from 70 drivers plus their passengers. Lets say an average of 1 passenger per vehicle, so that is 2800 person minutes stolen. Or 47 man hours stolen. Lets say a charge out rate at $40 per person hour, then that is a value of $1880 in lost time stolen from other road users.

So not such a minor crime.

ignition328, Dec 31, 10:14am
You know some of us don't get a lot of time off per year to enjoy ourselves and that maybe just maybe some of us wanna go on our own enjoyable drive where people pull over and use courtesy.

Don't worry though, I've been training at speedway crashing and bashing for years, I'd be honoured to do the right thing and execute the perfect tank maneuver so those 70 runners can make the flag on time.

butterfly05, Dec 31, 10:42am
Exactly if they were that bad id have no trouble at all giving them the high beams, the horn and pulling up next to them and telling them straight up to pull over. On top of that in this instance id be *555ing their ass.

But you can bet your boots the muppets at the front of this conga line never did that.

berg, Dec 31, 5:45pm
Calling police "pigs". I actually thought you had a little more class than that, but dissapointingly, I was wrong. Showing your true colors in this post hmmmm?

clatty, Dec 31, 5:50pm
I got no respect for anyone who calls a police officer a pig or any thing similar .

clatty, Dec 31, 6:01pm
Should have got a ticket , The driver was not slow driver more like an odstacle really but its bound to happen , he probably assumed everbody else was there to view the scenery good on him .

berg, Dec 31, 6:23pm
Me neither. Sure, I don't like everything they do, there is the odd "bad apple" in the bunch and they make the odd mistake but I can just imagine the carnage if they majority of police didn't put in the hard work they do. They are understaffed, underbudgeted and, often for those on the front line, underpaid for the shit they have to deal with on a daily basis. Unfortunately socitity has changed and kids these days are often taught to have no respect for any thing or any body and while policing is attempting to change with the times, the funding, over the top political correctness etc has not kept up or has swung in favor of the criminal. They are often "dammed if they do and dammed if they don't" while working all the hours many of us never see.
Thanks and happy new year to all the hard working police out there. Just hope it is a quiet and safe new year for all.
My two cents minus tax

gammelvind, Dec 31, 6:23pm
Have to agree with you, thought intrade had a few more clues than that but it would appear not. Sad.