Advice/opinions needed

gerogia1, Dec 16, 4:59am
Hi I'm really after some advice. I'm looking too buy a station wagon or small suv for around town use (kids & work) it needs to be reliable first and foremost (no preference on make/model) it also must be able to tow a trailer. Just wondering what cc rating I needed(I live on a steep hill) loads wont be overly heavy.
Price range appox 8-13k
Also, am I better off buying say an 04 with 50000ks or 06-07 with 90000ks
Your opinions would be appreciated cheers

intrade, Dec 16, 5:01am
first of all why do you need a suv for kids transporting?
is your hill taar seal concrete or gravel?

kazbanz, Dec 16, 5:05am
It depends entirely on the make/model you are concidering.
In some cases a 06 it a radically different vehicle from the 04 in others is just cosmetic
My suggestion--Buy a 1800cc Toyota Feilder and be happiness filled

gerogia1, Dec 16, 5:11am
mainly for tools - space in the boot. thought an SUV would have more room. sealed road.

intrade, Dec 16, 5:14am
suv usually have no more room they are just high long and wide .
i would get a townace noha van 4 cilinder petrol from 2000 so you get the 1 year wof. you wont need 4wd on a sealed road unless you have exess waight or a mother of a steep hill.

franc123, Dec 16, 5:25am
How many kids do you need to fit into it and how many car seats are needed for them would be my first question.

richardmayes, Dec 16, 5:28am
You need some sort of powerful V6 automatic if you want to be able to easily tow trailers in and out of a property on a steep hill!

Holden Commodore / Ford Falcon / Nissan Elgrand (a 3.5 litre one.)

YES Toyota Fielders and Townace Noahs have tow bars, and YES they CAN tow trailers. but REALLY. if you are expecting to tow semi-regularly, you are making a rod for your own back buying a car like that with the expectation of using it for a lot of towing!

gerogia1, Jun 10, 2:08am
Only actually need a 5 seater, no car seats, these days