Stolen Dumped Commodore ?

comadi, Aug 3, 6:24am
https://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=zg6295

Doesn't say it's stolen, but I found it today in a drain, with an amateurish attempt to cover it up with scrub and branches.
Front plate was gone, don't know about the back plate as it was bum down in the ditch.
Rego sticker was still in the window.
Looked like it could have been pretty rough before it ended up where it was. And looked like it has been there for a while.

clark20, Aug 3, 9:32am
Isn't there a number you can text the plate too?

comadi, Aug 4, 9:12am
I don't know, I was going to drop into the police station today, but ran out of time.
Would save me the visit if someone knows a text service.

saxman99, Aug 4, 9:56am
Police website says it is not stolen.

quickbuck, Aug 4, 10:42am
So, one can only conclude the owner knows it is there. and maybe doesn't want the police to know?

mbikeman1, Aug 4, 11:02am
correct me if wrong but isnt it near on impossible to start one of these without the key?.

lusty9, Aug 4, 11:10am
any car would be difficult to start without a key but only a finger? hahaha then once it does start how would one get it out of the ditch?

franc123, Aug 4, 11:22am
They may not know, just because its not been reported stolen doesn't mean it hasn't been. The car may have been stored in another location and the owner doesn't use it for weeks or months, or they've been overseas and may have no knowledge of what's happened until they go to use it again.

mbikeman1, Aug 4, 11:57am
was referring to the coded key/immobiliser

oversize, Aug 4, 7:10pm
no it's not near on impossible, it is really easy.

comadi, Aug 5, 8:49am
Rang and spoke to someone at the police today.
Painfully slow, but tells me it is not reported stolen; but as mentioned above the owner may not know yet.
I didn't think to say, so you will be contacting the owner and telling them to remove their car from the ditch.
She did ask me the location, so maybe they will send someone out for a tiki tour and follow up on it.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 5, 10:35am
I wouldn't even be surprised if it has been reported stolen but the Police haven't put it in the system yet or done it correctly. Wouldn't be the first time by any means.

mbikeman1, Aug 5, 10:47am
You've got me curious now.I lost my key a year or so ago but had a spare blade so I cold turn the ignition but it wouldn't run due to the imobliser.I Googled for days with no luck apart from replacing the pcm or half the computers

treachug, Aug 5, 11:17am
Just as curious. maybe that poster is related to the guy in Auckland that stole & 'rebirthed' the 90k HSV. What that guy did was possible but still had to have someone 'inside' a dealership supplying him the necessary info required to make it work

neville48, Nov 6, 10:07am
Did you check to see if the owner was still in it ?