Please price /value our cars

kevlight, May 14, 8:47pm
1st is a Nz new,70,000klm. 2 owners,1992 Toyota Corolla GLH 1.6 5 door hatch ,manual, petrol power steer, radio/cassette ,tow bar ,headlight cover. RS1003. metallic GREEN
we are thinking of buying this and selling our

1989 Nissan Sentra, nz, new 2 owners,1.3 manual .heater .radio cassette,mileage 62000 klm
the Toyota is her Dads and the Sentra hers ,thinking of up dating as they do not drive any more.

. so we thought we would sell the Sentra and buy the Toyota ,,what value are the cars and what price could we expect for the Sentra.its mint except a few scratches and a little paint fade its RED

kazbanz, May 14, 8:54pm
Kevlight.The sentra is likely to fetch about $1500 on a good day the Corolla $2000 on a good day based on the mileage and your description of condition.
BUT--if planning on keeping the corolla I'd budget $800 spend on it.
The $800 is to replace the 23 year old cambelt and cam/crank seals .

tamarillo, May 14, 11:03pm
I won't argue with kabanz as he has huge knowledge and experience, but I was surprised by such a low value on Corolla. Have helped a couple of people find cars in 2-3000 bracket and they would have jumped at that.
Is it NZ new and does car jam and other history back such suspiciously low miles? If it does and condition is in keeping I think it's worth more. These are hugely popular cheapies.

I guess though it is price difference that matters. Same questions with Sentra, original miles? Be most unusual! Toyota is worth more, they're are more popular and sought after.

gmphil, May 14, 11:14pm
if those kms are correct I would market the Toyota for 3k in sentra $2500

itsbutters, May 14, 11:42pm
Could someone value my car too please?
1991 Toyota Corolla sedan.

230 km, 5 speed, 1600cc.

NZ new
No rust or accident damage
Good economy
Very tidy throughout
Towbar
Starts and runs perfectly and quietly.
All expensive maintenance stuff done in last 30k (new water pump, radiator, cam belt, full service etc)

Big pics
http://imgur.com/a/SPFFE

kevlight, May 14, 11:49pm
The Klms are correct i can vouch for that both cars are immaculate inside, and both have few minor scratches out side,
we have three other vehicle, and the little red Sentra s only comes out on grocery day and sewing days it was last used for a long trip to help pick up my Citroen CX ;we had been on holiday around the South Island in it a few years ago ,it travels well for a 1300.
. the Toyota is owned by her parents and are elderly and do not drive any more, but even when they did it was only to the Doctor ,Groceries and Library . very limited use on each, and both cars low owners (2) and very low mileage ; that should be worth a few $ when we come to sell the Sentra ?

monaro17, May 15, 12:27am
in our corolla mad market I would say low to mid twos.

itsbutters, May 15, 12:53am
Great, thanks

kazbanz, May 15, 1:08am
kevlight--Im thinking Auckland prices of course so you can add $500 ish being country.
Keep in mind guys --these are 23 and 26 year old cars we are talking about here.

kazbanz, May 15, 1:09am
$1000-1500

tgray, May 15, 2:54am
it's $1500 - $1750 and if it looks as good as the pics you have posted on the link, I would say up to $2000 to the right person. (valuation by experienced dealer).

itsbutters, May 15, 3:29am
Thanks guys I'll start it at $2k and see how thing go

kazbanz, May 15, 3:32am
you did note the k's didn't you toby? 230000k's and 91
I got less than you are saying for a 1995 with the same k's

tgray, May 15, 3:43am
Yes mate I did. The K's are what you would expect for 24 year old car.
I should have said, my estimate is based on a classified sale only. A well written one with good pics.
A dollar reserve would probably only fetch $1200 - 1400.
Lets face it, a banged up one with a WOF is probably worth $1000. This one is a lot better than that.

edangus, May 15, 4:44am
You would have to knock $1,000 off itsbutters Corolla, what with the Mazda Mags and all. Its no longer a real Toyota.

Those are some hi quality pics itsbutters

msigg, May 15, 5:26am
Yes to gmphil to the right buyer thats what they will pay., both those cars have another ten years in them. very simple motoring, very cheap.

itsbutters, May 15, 5:35am
Haha I may have to photoshop them out or at least ask TradeMe to add 'Toyazda Corrilia' to the vehicle make and model list

itsbutters, May 20, 9:00pm
Thanks again for the advice people - it sold last night sight unseen for $2k

kazbanz, May 20, 10:18pm
That's good news.-I like being proven wrong in this sort of situation.
Do report back when you have the money .
PLEASE--for your sake don't allow the vehicle off your property until c of o is completed

tamarillo, May 20, 11:49pm
Yep that makes sense. There are people who will value a corolla highly and a good one is worth paying extra for. Probably get $2500 in golden bay!

itsbutters, May 21, 1:36am
It was a really good example. Only owes me for a few oil changes, brake pads and a couple of tyres over the last two years/20k. Good old Toyotas!

nesta129, May 21, 10:19am
A corolla similar as yours but 1996 and everything else similar,colour,hatchback,1.6li-
ter but auto and double the ks was sold for $3400.My friend was interested in it,was in very good condition but lost out due to lower budget.

itsbutters, Sep 15, 3:32am
Money in the bank :)