Fiat 124 spider.new version

Page 1 / 2
tamarillo, Nov 25, 7:05am

intrade, Nov 25, 7:10am
looks a bit like jaguar

mm12345, Nov 25, 7:17am
A perfectly customised jappa - for italian men who sing countertenor when they're not working in the salon - to take their mustachioed mothers for sunday drives.

biddy6, Nov 25, 9:39am
Its a Mazda mx5

mm12345, Nov 25, 10:35am
A miatamamamia - with a bambina engine.

pandai, Nov 25, 12:10pm
I really want one.

whqqsh, Nov 25, 6:31pm
What a disappointment, an Italian company badge engineered a Japanese car that was a copy of combined European & British cars in the first place. sad world we live in these days

mm12345, Nov 25, 7:39pm
I agree, although I don't think Mazda should be chastised for "copying" a concept that had been abandoned for a decade or so.
The MX5 features near the top of most lists of the best sports cars of all time, despite being neither expensive, exotic, or powerful.

poppy62, Nov 25, 8:47pm
Can't wait to see the comments when someone says " I'm thinking of buying one of these, what are they like?. will Fix it (again) Tony reappear?

bwg11, Nov 25, 8:52pm
All MX-5's have been excellent vehicles, particularly the latest. Why bastardise one is beyond me.

ema1, Nov 25, 9:16pm
Interesting, at least the Eyeties have realized at least they have an excellent starting point, that has been around for a good while now.

tamarillo, Nov 25, 10:11pm
Yes, it's hardly platform sharing is it.
Other side coin is that Europeans that like fiats, and fiat engines, can have a great car that's well built. Personally I think it looks better than the Mazda but still not quite right.

phillip.weston, Nov 25, 10:53pm
The latest MX-5 was developed in collaboration with Fiat

elect70, Nov 25, 11:30pm
Wots the matter with eyetie designers that they cant design their own car , likes of ital, design , pinninfarina etc , why just rebadge a jappa &wap donks ? Every one can see its just a MX5 (Eunos )

pandai, Nov 25, 11:30pm
I like the way the cars don't look just like each other, like the Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ

richardmayes, Nov 26, 11:40pm
I thought part of the excitement of driving an Italian sports car, was the thrill you get when you reach your destination without breaking down. ?

On that basis this Mazda-based car will be a terrible flop.

elect70, Nov 27, 12:58am
Yep until youve owned an alfa romeo you havent appreciated italian mechanicals , Mind you the french are far worse i had the dubious pleasure of owning a Renult Laguna deisel for 3 months

whqqsh, Nov 27, 1:49am
HAHA, I still cringe at the thought of when I had a brain fart one day & posted on here that Fiats were French.

mm12345, Nov 27, 3:43am
I agree - but the greatest was probably the first Na 1.6 model.
I was in LA at the time, if you'd been lucky enough to have ordered one early, you could double your money by selling your place on the delivery list. Such was the demand following release and overwhelmingly favourable reviews, Mazda vastly underestimated demand.

gsimpson, Nov 27, 3:45am
FCA group have their head office in London now so are they a British car maker now?

mm12345, Nov 27, 3:57am
They're incorporated in Holland, so no - they're possibly not British.

silkycat, Dec 13, 6:33am
I drove one of these in the 70s early 8s, a leftie, Imported from California, a 1600 twin o/h cam, it was a magic little car. Always loved the Fiat 124 cars, they were special. Had an 1800 Spider later and then a 2000, but the 1600 was The One.

goodsound, Dec 15, 5:47am
hope this doesn't turn into another alfa arna.
remember that ?
alfa mechanicals stuffed into a boring nissan pulsar body.
worst of both worlds.
who could have possibly thought that was a good idea ?

sw20, Dec 15, 7:11am
I've had both!

The Alfa used to flash warning lights on the dash for no reason at all, I went over a large bump in the Clio one day and all this wiring fell out from behind the dash onto the floor !

vtecintegra, Jun 13, 5:03pm
Don't worry it's still got a Fiat-Chrysler drive train