sifty, Jun 29, 5:47am
Check this out for nz made bikes.

roys351, Jun 29, 6:19am
falcon 600

hyphen, Jun 29, 7:17am
I'm pretty sure that the BF Falcon XR6 mk II Rebel was a NZ only model

sw20, Jun 30, 1:44am

tamarillo, Jun 30, 2:12am
You're pulling our tits surely? Rwd civic? Bluff!

jerichord, Jun 30, 3:45am
lotus 7, x steel bros, Bainbridge the panel beater / body builder purchased the jigs and all of the leftover bits,he was going to produce a limited number, i know he made one as it was at the wings and wheels at whenuapai one year, had huge handleing problems , spinning out on most corners, upshot was the lotus club were told to review their driving habits or be banned from the classic scene,

tamarillo, Jun 30, 6:06am
That name rings bells somehow.
Lotus club being unruly on the track! At least they all made it to the track!

beetle1234, Jul 1, 6:10am
Hell no Tamirillo,not pullin the piss,There was a civic wagon that had a rear drive,my ole man sold it new and I as a kid of a car dealer took great interest in new model,s(and many of them I have been involved with. pure bliss ),They were made an since posting I have been doing some homework and they might have been a Ozzie thing but still looking for info as I know who it was sold too and will get back at ya. cheers AJ

tamarillo, Jul 1, 6:20am
I'll be buggered. If you find any links to info do post them - I'm a sucker for weird cars - we should start a car quiz thread.

nightboss, Jul 1, 6:30am
Late 60's Pontiac Laurentian.

snoopy221, Jul 1, 6:41am
jerichord wrote:
lotus 7, x steel bros, Bainbridge the panel beater / body builder purchased the jigs and all of the leftover bits,he was going to produce a limited number, i know he made one as it was at the wings and wheels at whenuapai one year, had huge handleing problems , spinning out on most corners, upshot was the lotus club were told to review their driving habits or be banned from the classic scene,[/quote

That may have been Edgar Salwedgters one?
Plate was super 6 it had a holden six in it Edgar used to work at bainbridges. keerist. -
.baaaak in zee day dat place was were zee mclaren was built

bwg11, Jul 1, 6:45am
I had Central Otago Toyota's demo GT for a weeks or so, great car, but bought an Import Tureno instead. Yours looks a very nice example. Subsequently had a FX-GT, wife had a 4 door Corolla GT, then 2 AW11s, a na and a blown one. Love those 4A-GE's

beetle1234, Jul 1, 6:57am
My mum drove one an as she is only 5ft1.5 she had to sit on a pillow(2 ) one to sit on an one behind her back(a short leg thing). It was a man 3 spd,V8,an the beautiful factory pink and white. The first coloum change as a kid of 14 I had eva driven,shit mate it was like driving a battle ship! all bonnet,even got it up the drive,missed the dog,almost got the cat,but nudged the garage. but never told the old man. Just moved his car in the morning to the damage so no foul!

beetle1234, Jul 1, 11:08am
Those wee GT corollas were great fun,put the right hand indicater on,just b4 you hit second gear,cos they would swap lane,s b4 you knew it,the firestone tyre,s were bloody great,what for,but shit made a hell ride,an then the 2.8 twin cam Cressida,smoked an spun those ole firestone,s ,it is a wonder they sold as many as they did. Even the Amon hot rod corona had them on,but he ( Chris) had it sorted. Toyota had the MR2,nice wee hotrod(as far as they were),assembled in Thames,Dealership memo from Toyota was(Do not drive over 140.00km). reason being over 160plus,they were hunting weka,s off the side of the road. The staff probably ,yeah they stuffd up a few so if you have a MK1 Mr2 an it is a minta,big collectable. same as the wee starlet but hey that is another story.

exadore, Jul 2, 7:16am
I remember seeing a RSS 3000 MK 4 Zephyr in Mt. Eden when I was a teenager. Ray Stone Special?

exadore, Jul 2, 7:21am
Also the 30 SS Commodores that were made at Trentham as a special order to win the Benson and Hedges series.

bill1451, Jul 3, 1:19am
Dont forget the nz built "gnat"this was a 3 wheeler all terrain, powered by a briggs and s, from memory to select reverse there was some way of starti g the motor to run backwards, The spark was near or at TDC. steering was
By a double folded tiller like a yacht

jerichord, Jul 3, 3:42am
snoopy, it wasnt edgars one, i know the guy who was driving it but i cannot for the life of me remember his name,he wasnt a member of the lotus club, but because it looked like a lotus the finger was pointed at us, taccoc didnt like us much in those days because our old lotus cortinas were fast and would beat them on index of performance at there events

sas777, Mar 31, 10:00am
Thinking about it, I read somewhere that the Fiat 500's produced locally were the only ones sold in the world to be called Bambina.

The Italians gave permission to use the word 'Bambino' but the Kiwis looked it up and saw it meant baby boy. They thought the car looked more girl like so they used the feminine noun instead.