I hate BMW's - they all look the bloody same

Page 2 / 2
3tomany, Jan 7, 9:04am
One does wonder what happened to all ya money since then. LOL

mals69, Jan 7, 6:45pm
What ya baseing that on ?

harm_less, Jan 7, 9:27pm
Zero!
"Ozone is created by a high voltage spark gap which occurs in motors that have carbon brushes and armatures (like a drill motor).

Permanent magnet motors do not produce ozone since there is nothing more than a magnetic field being induced and collapsed at timed intervals."
http://askville.amazon.com/electric-car-motors-give-ozone/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=85179685

tgray, Jan 8, 12:17am
I personally don't care if you are a millionaire or not.

mals69, Jan 8, 12:19am
Good to hear - was only sticking up for myself after someone
getting personal

poppy62, Jan 8, 2:06am
OK thanks, so just generators and starter motors then?

elect70, Jan 8, 2:30am
Trouble with old BMWs is they stopped any parts for them almost decade ago .>BMW no longer interested in people wanting to keep heritage models anymore , i had a hard job finding non engine parts for 1 i had .

elect70, Jan 8, 2:32am
Until the motor fries then with all the smoke gone it wont go anymore

saxman99, Jan 8, 2:43am
I'm not having any probs getting parts for my 850i, perhaps the 635 could be getting a bit tricky. There are lots of 3rd party parts out there too.

socram, Jan 8, 2:47am
I was commissioned to write an article for the BMW UK magazine on the M8 replica in NZ a year or so ago. The owner has about 7, 8 series BMWs!

extrayda, Jan 8, 4:19am
They are both wish list cars for a 'toy' although I have never driven either so might not even like them. Just thought they were both good looking cars. Sadly my wish list is long but my spare time and money is short !

saxman99, Jan 8, 4:36am
I would like to read that. How might I go about that?

socram, Jan 8, 5:00am
BMWcar August 2014 pages 50/51/52/53/54/55

www.bmwcarmagazine.com

I don't think it was on sale here but cover price in the UK was 4.50GBP.

You might be able to get a back copy - or I could email you the text, but without the pics!

footplate1, Jan 8, 5:04am
Have owned Beamers since 85. Only one was a dud. But puzzled as to why so many people damn the marque? Assholes drive all makes.

richardmayes, Jan 8, 8:52am
I've driven two. first was an E30 325 -lovely little car with a big angry engine in front of you! And an E46 323Ci. same but different, newer and flasher, but odd narrow seats and generally uncomfortable cockpit shape ruined it a bit.

by_hdt, Jan 8, 10:34am
BMW can still supply most parts all the way back to the 1602/2002.
Older stuff is mostly ex-Germany but still available.

meow_mix, Jan 8, 12:08pm
I was checking out a late-model Audi the other day, thought it was an A4 until I saw the A8 badge on the rear, didn't look much bigger than an A4 as the A4 is now a larger car than it used to be.

Audi now make a lot of sedans that look very similar, there is the A3, A4, A5, A6, A7 and A8 sedans that all look the same apart from subtle differences. I used to think Audi knew what they were doing, but I'm not so sure now, especially with those shocking large black grilles the new models have.

lookoutas, Jan 8, 7:53pm
No problems getting stuff from this century, and late model parts needing to come from overseas have a delivery time of about 5 days.

tamarillo, Jan 8, 8:44pm
Plus side to this is that as a buyer of second hand cars, my older BMWs don't date as badly. Look at a yr 2000 commode or mondeo, looks dated, old, cheap. Compare with yr 2000 BMW.
I've used older euros as business cats where I couldn't have got away with a same yr jap or such like.
As for parts, someone is talking bollocks as I've always found plentiful supply for older BMWs. Helped by lots of sharing between models and sheer numbers made.

3tomany, Jan 8, 9:10pm
Think you missed the LOL Having a joke with ya chill bro you gunner have a heart attack.

mals69, Jan 8, 9:30pm
Always up for a joke - so what was it ?

3tomany, Jan 9, 12:27am
A flop

poppy62, Jan 9, 12:44am
Looks like $millions won't necessarily buy one a sense of humour, nor understand tongue in cheek comments.

elect70, Feb 29, 9:06am
Well i tried to get parts for the getrag 5 speed in the 82 ( after stripping down ) 635 , BMW NZ said NO PARTS AVAILABLE , I tried world wide inc Germany , the bearings were one off for those boxes & not even any aftermarket equivelent. Nearest was SKF who would make new ones @$$ . In the end I reassembled it as is & sold it & warned the owner . IN USA the 635owners club buy up any the can find for spares amongst their club even wanted to know if I wanted to sell mine ,