Peoplemover type wagon

bulldogod, Feb 1, 4:57am
Im looking at getting a peoplemover type wagon for a work horse but have no idea what to look for. Any advice on what to avoid? what to look for?

tmenz, Feb 1, 5:20am

jmma, Feb 1, 5:28am
Hearst?

thejazzpianoma, Feb 1, 5:33am
Some idea of budget and size would be helpful, otherwise it's anyone's guess.

mugenb20b, Feb 1, 5:35am
Anything that has a flat floor in the rear for easy loading. People movers come in many sizes so my choice would be a Toyota Hiace Regius or a Super Custom with a diesel engine. I have a Hyundai Trajet which is a bit of an oddball but it has a huge cargo area with seats removed (rearmost 5 seats in mine unclip to remove) and they are good value but thirsty.

mugenb20b, Feb 1, 5:36am
No, the Touran will be useless.

laspaz, Feb 1, 5:41am
So would the Fiat Multipla

poppy62, Feb 1, 8:45am
Is that Patty Hearst or the Munsters Hearse?

bulldogod, Feb 1, 8:47am
up to $5000, and easy on gas.

tamarillo, Feb 1, 9:04pm
Honda odyssey. Lots around, nz new and jap import, Honda engineering and bullet proof running gear, lots of parts, does the job. Either that or the taller bigger more van sized Toyota previa or estima as narrow jap import ones are called. These drive better than they look with engine under floor so are not a van, but do look more van like. Cost more than the Honda for same miles though.

extrayda, Feb 2, 12:17am
Wouldn't buy the engine under floor estima. Newer 2000+ model is safer and more reliable (I have two with the 2.4 engines in them, no issue so far). Would have higher k's in that price range, but seem to have had a price drop recently. They go OK, not too thirsty for a van (better than my 97 2.5 Cefiro on gas). Based on Camry platform so drive ok. The V6 ones are faster/gruntier, but much thirstier and have cam belts / sometimes auto problems, so even though I was tempted I stuck with the 2.4.

extrayda, Feb 2, 12:20am
I don't think the seats are designed to come out quickly / easily in the Estima though, so depends whether you need that functionality or not. They just fold down (not flat), so with all seats in they don't have the most efficient space. (I did once fit 30 school desks in mine though - with a bit of effort!).

tamarillo, Feb 2, 12:26am
eztrayda - 1st gen previa (up to 1999) is NOT based on Camry it is unique mid engined rear drive. Only later front engined went Camry and was then of course Front Wheel Drive.

damlj, Feb 2, 2:54am
Try a Toyota Wish - flat floor area when seats are folded down - an easy on gas with 1800cc motor

mugenb20b, Feb 2, 4:21am
That's what he said.

bulldogod, Jul 12, 2:49am
Thanks guys, so many to choose from and hard when dont know anything about them