Which 2010, 2011, Double Cab diesel 4x4 ute

lazydog, Sep 21, 1:21am
with 200k on the clock would you prefer to own. i.e. which make are best build to take the 200,000kms - 260,000kms zone.

pico42, Sep 21, 1:26am
Probably a 70s Landcruiser.

brapbrap8, Sep 21, 1:47am
Pretty sure the double cab wasn't around until a couple of years later.

For me it would probably be the D40 Navara or a Hilux, both in automatic to avoid the expense of having to replace the clutch/flywheel in a manual.
Neither are particularly good to drive but they do go the distance.
A Triton wouldn't be too bad either, but only if you do a lot of highway driving as they are particularly prone to carboning up the EGR system which is expensive to clean out.

lazydog, Sep 21, 1:52am
Ta Pico, I own a 2010 Triton at around 198K and was thinking abotu what was best to travel from 200k to 260k. I do a 60/40 highway and muddy/dusty clay work tracks. I knwo what you mean abotu the EGR system. mAkes for an expensive service every so often.

msigg, Sep 21, 2:13am
Yes Navara, or Hilux , I find he Navara very nice to drive, slightly better to drive than the hilux, each to their own, best to test drive some and go from there.

lazydog, Sep 21, 3:20am
Cheers. Why do Mitsi's get such a bad rap then, or is that just my FIL being a dick.

msigg, Sep 21, 3:52am
I don't like the look of them, gearbox issue earlier on so suspect, it's what you want and don't want to be seen with, bit like the trainers you wear, plenty of choices out there.

pf, Sep 21, 8:46am
Ranger or Hilux .

brapbrap8, Sep 21, 6:52pm
They seem to have bad years every now and then,
My 2012 Triton had quite a few issues including electrical failures, losing the 3rd gear syncro, SRS faults and the paint fading badly.
The earlier or later models are more reliable though it seems, mine is good now after having the updated gearbox internals and wiring harness fitted, and a complete respray courtesy of Mitsubishi.
The new model Triton is one of the best utes out, right up there with the VW Amarok to drive and heaps better than the new Navara.

lazydog, Sep 23, 5:01am
Love the self promotion bro. It should be encouraged on TM.

lazydog, May 20, 1:08am
Oh now there's a surprise, you sound like my father in law. I'm not saying you're wrong, but can back this up with sound reasoning? My 2012 work Hulix is a pig to drive, thirsty, too short in the deck, poorly appointed inside and gets stuck in the same places as my own Triton. One of the guys at work has the ranger and it looks good but to be fair it is a 2015 model and accordingly it should.