Sue Perkins for Top Gear

tillsbury, Apr 11, 1:14am
Bookmakers are now putting Sue Perkins in the lead to host Top Gear. Might actually make it worth watching. Then they should put Sabine Schmitz in there as co-host. Who would you suggest for third?

socram, Apr 11, 1:22am
Jodie Kidd or Carole Vorderman? But then it wouldn't be Top Gear without middle aged buffoons acting like naughty schoolboys for cheap (or not so cheap) laughs which is why many of us watch it.

Sad to see the last one last night but good to see the 'old' and new Jags and the usual antics from JC & RH whilst Captain slow was trying to race.

Gonna miss that show.

yachtie3, Apr 11, 1:36am
Top Gear is officially dead as far as I am concerned, the producer deserved a smack in the chops, imagine not being able to get a steak and chips after a hard days graft thrashing flash cars around!

gman35, Apr 11, 1:43am
I think the only way it could possibly work IS actually with a female replacement for a "clean break". HOWEVER she would need to clearly know about cars and driving (i.e. Sabine Schmitz / someone like Vicky from Fifth Gear etc , I don't reckon it would matter if she was known or not (unlike for a male replacement). Low-level sexist jibes would be welcome , and would expect her to give as good as she got.

tamarillo, Apr 11, 2:59am
No no no non no. , why can't we have a blokes for blokes lineup. It's not sexist, it's humour.

elect70, Apr 11, 3:04am
fifth gear hardly pulled big # viewers to factual & no silly antics . I dout BBC will try to make new Top Gear with new presetners , be a huge expensive gamble unless big advertisers agree to buy air time on it up front .

attitudedesignz, Apr 11, 3:06am
No advertising on the beeb.

bwg11, Apr 11, 3:43am

edangus, Apr 11, 4:43am
Sue Perkins is a pretty funny chick. Vicki would also be a bit of a coup.

Maybe an all girls Top Gear? Certainly would be an easier way to revamp.

mike1345, Apr 11, 5:07am
I'll watch another Top Gear without Clarkson, May and Hammond about as often as I watch Top Gear USA and Aus.

Which is approximately never.

theram1, Apr 11, 5:11am
I take it the Bookmakers have not seen Sue Perkins drive.

mike1345, Apr 11, 5:16am
Bloody hell, aren't we blokes allowed anything any more?

motorboy2011, Apr 11, 6:32am
That Vicki is a decent driver, seems to know her stuff, but I just can't stand her.

edangus, Apr 11, 7:10am
Nah bro. Chicks all running the show these days.

bitsy_boffin, Apr 11, 7:40am
Tiff, poach Tiff back! Feel free to drag along VBH as well. Might actually get some proper driving done.

socram, Apr 11, 7:51am
Three women are never going to be as funny as middle aged men acting like schoolboys. We've said it before. it is a comedy show with cars, with a lot of running gags and the three presenters baiting each other.

Fifth gear was never Top Gear and never set out to be, so forget VBH and Tiff Needell (though there was talk that Tiff was an occasional Stig. ).

Humour first. Cars second. That was the eventual winning formula - but it took time to get there.

mike1345, Apr 11, 8:01pm
Maybe the BBC will regret the sacking and the walking of the other two and sign them back some time at double their previous pay while begging on their knees?

motorboy2011, Apr 11, 8:52pm
id 2nd that

seadubya, Apr 11, 9:12pm
I doubt it will be Jodie Kidd, she is hosting a new show called The classic car show with Quentin Willson and Chris Routledge. They are about 10 episodes into the first season, hope it comes here!

stevo2, Apr 11, 9:55pm
Hope ANYTHING comes here. Gotta be better than the Cooking programmes and talentless talent shows on at the moment

marmar1, Mar 17, 1:12am
Sue Perkins has said men do cars and woman bake, so it won't be her.