"'Car tried to ram me off the road" - Herald story

Page 1 / 2
peja, Dec 12, 1:45am
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/crime/news/article.cfm?c_id=30&objectid=11558627

I hope the Police have some leads by now. Psychopaths like the ones in this story need to be out of circulation, doing so will do far more to reduce the road toll than any amount of speed cams

bjmh, Dec 12, 3:12am
A young impressionable local guy had a road rage type incident here with a carload of local gang.The gang has hassled this kid and his family to the stage were the gang demanded $1500 for repairs to their vehicle,family notified police who said it was a civil matter. The family were advised not to pay,but they have . to try and quiet things down. its called "taxing" and its common apparently in the criminal scene.When I read the herald story,i wondered if this was the same.

sw20, Dec 12, 8:09am
Ferals need to be in prison breaking rocks till they die.

sr2, Dec 12, 8:23am
Probably someone who was hogging the right lane and had the misfortune to meet one of our more draconian Motoring MB members?

nightboss, Dec 12, 8:27am
Why are you bothered by someones actions that have zero effect on you?

sw20, Dec 12, 8:28am
Nice troll. Good to see the last thread went over your head.

noswalg, Dec 12, 8:35am
Which gang was this? More likely a bunch of f#%kwits that think they're part of the gang than the gang themselves."Taxing" is common, but not in the circumstances you imply!

mad_signtist, Dec 12, 8:36am
Let's hope he doesn't get charged with speeding

snoopy221, Dec 12, 8:49am
Actually the interesting moot point here is just how cars hit.
Herin we have an older toyota non airbagged and a later model mazda airbagged.
Appears after random WHITE UTE hit rear of toyota and shunted it across .

toyota has engine missing AND detatched from gearbox.
Suspect points of impact were directly between the engine and gearbox in the toyota and right front strut on the mazda.
Steering wheel in mazda is closer to centre of mazda than on drivers side.
Worst injuries WERE IN THE MAZDA.

Link. (video)

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/national/news/video.cfm?c_id=1503075&gal_cid=1503075&gallery_id=156373

snoopy221, Dec 12, 8:52am

nightboss, Dec 12, 8:58am
High praise from the current "master troll of motoring", thanks for the compliment.

peja, Dec 12, 10:28am
Have to admit that possibility crossed my mind initially, but from reading the story that clearly isnt the case. The scum were parked in the middle of the road when he initially encountered them

peja, Dec 12, 10:30am
Agree - they need to be contained in a facility, like toxic waste. I dont care whether they're breaking rocks or not

sw20, Dec 12, 3:57pm
Anytime. How is your egg supply?

nightboss, Dec 12, 5:01pm
Stocks are flying out as fast as I can get them.

sw20, Dec 12, 6:40pm
I'll use my phone on the motorway while eating a pie dawdling over the harbour bridge when I move into your neck of the woods soon. I prefer my eggs scrambled though .

rpvr, Dec 12, 6:59pm
The most infuriating thing here is the reaction of the police. They are quite simply not doing their job.

socram, Dec 12, 7:25pm
No money in it?

bjmh, Dec 12, 8:53pm
read this Patched: The History of Gangs in New Zealand. it has an interesting chapter on taxing,the author also predicts that the feeder street type gangs will be much worse than the recognised ones. which is happening now. meanwhile Mr Plod merrily sits out in the sunshine pulling up speeding skiers in their Audis. more money,less aggravation. a mate just got burgled . motorbikes etc ,he got a call from a maori warden inviting him to a family conference with one of the offenders.The offender that has been caught is 14yrs old and has already been caught for 10 different offences.Because of his age he still gets the meeting with the complainant,my mate declined.

gazzat22, Dec 12, 9:09pm
To serve and Protect,What exactly is the police,s job then.?

sw20, Dec 12, 9:17pm
Making sure everyone is using a Licensys issued number plate.

fordcrzy, Dec 12, 9:23pm
EXACTLY. i rang 111 to report a drunk woman driving the wrong way down the expressway at night with no headlights on. the police were "too busy" to attend. i then drove less than two blocks to find a cop pulled over a boy racer because he had blue LEDS on his windscreen washers. FFS the cops are muppets.

peja, Dec 13, 4:14am
I have heard of and once or twice experienced similar things - reporting drunk drivers, nothing done. I know of a lady that reported a close relative dozens of times for DIC, actually told them exactly where he was, car rego the lot. Still no action. And we wonder why the road toll is so high

rob_rooster, Dec 13, 7:16am
I remember the serial murderer Richard Kuklinski told a similar story of how he was harassed by a group of youths while minding his own business driving down the road.
His course of action was to pull over and when they got out he killed them all!

melonhead1, Jun 22, 5:19pm
Stop voting for National/Labour if you have a problem with the police. Give the political establishment a fright.