Road cones.

iman007, Nov 30, 4:07am
what is it with these people that see a road cone and go into immediatte panic and slow to a dawdle, looking all around to see if somethings happening. UNBELIEVABLE the many i see do it.When i see them i just take extra caution and stick to the speed limit. I do a lot of k's so see a lot of it, worse since sept by far!

ah, rant over for the day, swans off to have a nice cold one!

ninja_man, Nov 30, 4:09am
cones usually mean roadworks which means you need to slow down.

mothergoose_nz, Nov 30, 4:09am
i hate it when the cones and signs are all out and nothing is happening.30k sign and no road workers in sight.have to be careful round here as plenty of cops so just speeding through this ort of thing isnt always a good idea.

romulan7, Nov 30, 4:46am
Cones do not just mean roadworks.Could mean people working on the road or equipment like surveying equipment, Cones often used to mark the location of a peg (triangulation point).
Also Emergency services use cones as well might pay to slow down rather than carrying on a warp 10 until you are sure of the hazzard.

moosie_21, Nov 30, 5:33am
I burnt a road cone once on a bonfire. Worst idea ever. Chugged out thick black smoke for hours, brought the firemen around in no time (take note ladies). That's all they're good for isn't it!

a18a, Nov 30, 7:16am
half of the cones i see are usually in trees, on top of bus stops, over signs and other random places

gusthe1, Nov 30, 10:17pm
Dont run them over either. They do not fly out the back of the car. they get stuck and take many kilometres to grind down.

motorway, Nov 30, 10:26pm
They are excellent for cat discipline tools (see profile pic)

gusthe1, Nov 30, 10:43pm
You look like that dude in the PakNSave ads

rsr72, Apr 20, 5:10pm
#2 - They are a warning or a signal only, not an instruction to slow down, unless sign-posted.