Audi Allroad

ct9a, Apr 8, 4:07am
Hi all
audi allroad 2004 with V8

where is the transmission filler point? no dip stick present.

have rang several dealerships who none have phoned back searching google to no avail.

any help?

spares4u, Apr 8, 4:45am
They have fill and drain points on the case. Most Audi VW trans need to be hooked up to a factory tester as they need to be at a certain temp to get the correct fluid level.

martin11, Apr 8, 6:38am
Its normally a long life synthetic fluid in these transmissions and do not normally require changing . Should be plugs in transmission case on the sides to fill to if required . Do not mix fluids by just toping up they will probably conflict with each other

noodleman4, Apr 8, 8:49am
Tui

intrade, Apr 8, 8:55am
uuuuuum ok here is how it is
the fluids are a lifetime fluid and the liftime of the fluid not you.
The fluids lifetime is 6 years.
i dont know exactly how it will be on the audi but it is almost seartan going to be like it is on a vw mk4 or mk5 golf
You need a volkswagen capable oem scantool like rosstech for volkswagen groupe vehicle.
You also need a special filler tool and special trans fluids and a filter for the transmission.
the fluids are drained and filled thru the sump plug and the scantool needs to show the trans fluid temperature for correct top up at specifiv temperature you shut it off and fill it to its level thru the sump plug before you then seal it off again for another live time.
poster 5s link would have been the next thing i would post, they have full description of what i just wrote if i recall right.

intrade, Apr 8, 8:59am
seems to be more easy on audi as vw have the sump plug straight down with a pipe inside a pipe for filling

ct9a, Apr 8, 11:01pm
the link is different
I have had engine out and done the timing chains.guides,tensioners and cam gears ( google image that)

I have all the genuine fluid 9litres
but yes requires dealership service tool,filler tool and temperature to be correct for change me supplying fluid audi price including filter and pan gasket is 180$

frytime, Mar 21, 4:12pm
Lol. Lifetime fluid. Lifetime is 6 years.