4km over the limit = 125 with trailer

kenw1, Dec 4, 1:30am
I see reported today in The Northern Advocate that they have already stopped one vehicle doing 35k over the limit. 125 whilst towing a trailer.

This is not inattention whilst driving, it is sheer disregard for other road users.

clatty, Dec 4, 1:59am
Coming home overtaken by 2 door silver car who passed 5 more cars left us standing 160 kph at a guess. We passed a policeman just over the bridge at waitakaruru who missed this rat. There has to be zero tolerance with these idiots around.

mrfxit, Dec 4, 3:30am
Parked on a red right turn arrow light the other day & an idiot came down the left of us (straight ahead lane) & turned right across the intersection in front of us waiting

kenw1, Dec 4, 3:43am
Today in town, woman/suv/ stopped in hatched lines waiting to turn right whilst checking her phone for text. No wonder traffic does not flow smoothly.

2get1, Dec 4, 4:13am
was driving down SH1 from Waikane to Paraparaumu yesterday arvo, an 80km zone. Some silly git in a little silver Toyota hatch, old persons nana looking car. did 65km/h the whole way.Had over 1km of traffic built up behind them, refused to pull over or speed up to the actual limit. The offending person did that speed the whole way, could have moved over or pulled over on a couple of safe places but didn't. Probably wrongly under the impression that because they weren't speeding at all they were driving safely.

clatty, Dec 4, 4:17am
get over it. you still got time to write a lot of rubbish on TM

2get1, Dec 4, 4:20am
get over it, pkenty more speeders out there, a 4km tolerance wont slow them down, speeders will always speed and there will always be speeders. No amount of moaning bitching and crying from some old fart who will hopefully soon fail his licence test, can change that.

and the 5 cars you refer to, were probably all lined up behind you as you drove slowly down the road in that nasty heap of crap ute that probably cant even make the speed limit, let alone exceed it. Those people probably to scared to overtake for fear of a ticket. But the silver car had obviously had a gut full of you imposing your 80km limit on the open road and refusing to move over, so went for it and got past all of you in one go. Hell 5 cars in one go was probably more like 200km/h. Did he crash ? did anyone die ? doesn't sound like it.

purplegoat, Dec 4, 4:25am
Posts 1 and 2 . A 4 km or zero tolerance will make zero impact to those sort of social misfits who will drive like dickheads regardless of what the tolerance is . Police should be activitely targeting those misfits rather than pinging a normally competent driver who gets a couple of kms overrun on a downhill only to find a mobile tax office hiding at the bottom

Anybody who thinks a lowered tolerance will reduce such examples above is deluded

purplegoat, Dec 4, 4:27am
You sure it wasn't a ssanyong ute with Ol cabbage ears behind the wheel ?

intrade, Dec 4, 4:47am
well your comment is not exactly of any use what so ever if you ask me.

socram, Dec 4, 4:57am
Went north to between Silverdale and Kaukapakapa today via SH1. No dramas. No near misses, no drivers doing over 107, plenty doing under 100kph.

Collected my project car on its trailer so had to head back without exceeding 95kph. Still had to slow down now and again, behind a truck carrying large windows as it was a bit breezy, with crosswinds, but again, still not overtaken by many - though I was surprised to be passed by a truck and trailer unit when I was doing 93kph.

Probably clatty on his way back to the car crime capital of NZ.

kenw1, Dec 4, 5:00am
What is the project car?

clatty, Dec 4, 7:54am
I know a few men who put up this hard luck story of having to drive a little slower behind someone but at home lie around all day watching videos. never do anything for their partners stuck at home with children.2get 1 not up to much either. hooked on threads

clatty, Dec 4, 8:01am
purplegoat wrote:
Posts 1 and 2 . A 4 km or zero tolerance will make zero impact to those sort of social misfits who will drive like dickheads regardless of what the tolerance is . Police should be activitely targeting those misfits rather than pinging a normally competent driver who gets a couple of kms overrun on a downhill only to find a mobile tax office hiding at the bottom I think you are wrong . They get caught and if bad driver reports include them then they cop it. I have seen cars bailed up for an hour by police here . and I have wondered what they come across sometimes.

socram, Aug 1, 7:25pm
Definitely not for this thread! But if you typed in MON ZA8 somewhere.