Which wagon

joanne83, May 30, 7:33am
Looking to change my Toyota caldina 2.0 for a smaller wagon . considering Corolla wagon, Hyundai I.30 or ford focus. Are 1500cc or 1600cc engines powerful enough for hills and the odd long trip?

intrade, May 30, 7:36am
do you drive 50 km in one hit with no stopping at least 1 time a week?

jmma, May 30, 7:38am
Stick with a Toyota, yes the engine is powerful enough, that is also where the gears come in. (o:

joanne83, May 30, 8:29am
Seldom drive 50k without stopping, often drive on steep hills.

intrade, May 30, 8:43am
in that case no diesel

tamarillo, May 30, 10:31am
All are good cars, which one might depend on your needs and what comes up for sale near you. Personally I like driving feel, good feel some steering and responsive chassis please me so I would get the focus. It's a good handling car with enjoyable steering feel. If that doesn't matter any are good modern cars.

mals69, May 30, 9:03pm
Move up the pecking order and buy a Nissan - Toyota had its
heyday in the 90's

ceebee2, May 31, 2:10am
The i30 is 1800cc and 2L with 6 speed auto depending on year

ceebee2, May 31, 2:29am
Correction 1.6L with 6 speed auto depending on year.

jmma, May 31, 4:15am
? So why is Toyota still the No 1 seller in NZ? Oh that's right, it's a great reliable car (o:

kazbanz, May 31, 4:55am
Toyota corolla or fielder. no comparisson

tamarillo, May 31, 6:40am
Are you expecting big economy gains? Or just wanting newer lower k car. If the former it may not be worth it unless your going for far newer car with latest tech. On hills etc a carefully driven 2 litre will be very much same economy as 1.6 that's having to work harder.
For significant better economy you need to get into the sort of tech that's it a 1.4 golf with dct box, or latest ecoboost fords etc.
if your just swapping at same price I'd question the value in it.

ash4561, Aug 21, 5:16pm
why not keep what you have I think you will regret getting the others