Top gear

elect70, Jan 7, 3:06am
heard new season expected to start in early May in UK . they've had 2 changes of directors & producers so far . Meanwhile the 3 stooges are going at it great guns at Amazon , wonder if it will be released for TV to get biggest possible audience &advertising revenue . or just be on line .

intrade, Jan 7, 3:10am
whom makes it ? BBC?

socram, Jan 7, 3:27am
BBC makes Top Gear which will be fronted by Chris Evans. BBC also owns the copyright to 'The Stig', but whether he/it will be part of the new set up, who knows? I personally doubt it.

I have no idea what the Amazon version is to be called or what the format will be or how it will be accessed, but I doubt it will be free to air. We don't watch any TV on the computer.

sw20, Jan 7, 3:40am
You are missing out socram if you don't watch shows from around the world on the internet. So much varied content all when you want to watch. I just plug my laptop into my tv.

grangies, Jan 7, 8:11am
It will be on TV.

Whether it's freeview or SKY TV, one of them will buy the broadcasting rights off Amazon.

socram, Jan 7, 8:09pm
Evenings, I tend to work on the laptop whilst the TV is on and there are plenty of programmes recorded. Mrs S wouldn't be too please if I hogged the TV set at night especially as there is plenty of stuff we both like to watch.

I think you have to accept that these days, there is just so much stuff available either via the internet or on commercial television, that it is impossible to watch everything.

With Top Gear, it was of mass appeal world wide and for us, a must not miss programme - though I believe that what we got in NZ initially, was a cut down version of an advert free 1 hour BBC production, to an advert laden 1 hour NZ programme.

Later it was lengthened, but I'm not sure whether or not the constant re-runs of those early episodes contain segments we never saw first/second/third time around. I realise that with advancing age, the memory can get a bit fuzzy, but I'm sure that occasionally I see a segment I don't recognise!

I suppose that if it isn't free to air, with the old guard and their awareness of marketing, it will be out on DVD anyway, sooner or later.

I suspect grangies is correct.

elect70, Mar 8, 6:04pm
Noice , but in my neck of the woods the dirty old copper cable can only handle 15 Mbs at best .