Anyone know about fixing this mower engine damage?

Page 2 / 2
-bookzone-, Mar 18, 9:43am
I'm actually in Tairua now. I wish I was in Thames, as it would be much easier to sort this out there!

dave653, Mar 19, 4:27am
Until I saw 'high tensile' I was going to sugest drilling a few small diameter holes in a line across the bolt, hammer. gently, but just enough, a flat screwdriver into the 'slot', and wind out like a screw.

jmma, Mar 19, 6:55am
When you get paid, go to spec savers and buy some glasses, then you will be able to read Bolt has already been out once!
Also you heat that shaft to much and it will break. (o:

-bookzone-, Mar 19, 7:27am
UPDATE

I found a small local engineering firm, and they got it out by drilling a few holes in the bolt stub and using an 'easy-out' to remove it.

Total cost $20.00

Highly recommend Douglas Engineering on the Hikuai Settlement Road, on the road to Pauanui. Thanks guys!

And thanks to all who offered advice here!

movnon, Apr 23, 2:11pm
Hey you must have a big rough section to wear a blade out in 6 months! I mowed 1/2 an acre for 5 years with a M10 special didnt replace the blade & chucked a few bits of gravel around in the process. Even so, removing a broken high tensile bolt is a basic mechanics skill, & whats this crap about HT bolts being hardened? (#16)
No wonder theres so many so called 'A Grade mechanics' out there, never had trade training!