Altezza cooling issue help

petemun, Jan 4, 9:24pm
3sge beams altezza

at first I thought it needed a new thermostat as the temp gauge was moving between cold and normal. since changing the thermostat the issue is still there. now mainly the gauge isn't moving much from cold but thermostat is operating normal. regarding the temp sensor, do they have a separate sensor to the ecu ? Im wondering if it would affect the radiator fans operation ? also will it run rich ? Im thinking if they have a separate sender and won't affect the ecu, i'll just install a aftermarket temp gauge in the top hose. tia

kazbanz, Jan 4, 9:30pm
I wouldn't be mucking around.
First thing I'd be doing is ensuring that the engine IS getting to normal temperature by using a handheld temp gauge.If it is then I'd be replacing the faulty temp sensor.

mainlander05, Jan 5, 6:58am
As above.fix it professionally

petemun, Jan 5, 7:08am
I will, the above depended on how I was going to do it. Sussed now cheers

intrade, Jan 5, 7:20am
x1
yes 2 sensors on on dash is not for the ecu fueling .

aredwood, Jan 5, 7:29am
Altezzas have CAN bus. So there is probably only 1 temp sensor that will go to the engine ECU. Temp readings will then get sent from the ECU to the instrument panel to operate the temp gauge. And radiator fans would be controlled by the ECU. And if your altezza is automatic, the temp readings will also affect how the gearbox operates.

You need to be able to see live engine data so you can compare what the ecu thinks the engine temp is to the actual engine temp. As could be a faulty sensor, could be an air lock, Could be a faulty water pump,could be a faulty thermostat. Had a brand new thermostat once that would open fine, but wouldn't close again until the engine was almost completely cold.

aredwood, Jan 5, 7:31am
Looks like Intrade bet me to it. If he says there is 2 sensors he would be right.

intrade, Jan 5, 7:38am
you can look that in global obd2 with onehung-low elm emission tool the temp sensors they must show true reading on emission side in the factory tool they show a substituted fixed value if it has failed. so for once any obd2 junk tool should tell you the truth.

petemun, Mar 21, 1:07am
Thanks guys, really appreciate your time