Cannot get into gear

jentee3, Apr 27, 8:18pm
Problem with clutch pedal no pressure, have got 1990 Hyundai accent, oil ok. Please help will be appreciated

bjmh, Apr 27, 8:29pm
so you have checked the clutch fluid level ?

muzz67, Apr 27, 8:34pm

lookoutas, Apr 27, 9:23pm
Hope for your sake it's not an internal cylinder.

Just done mine for the second time since Aug last year!
Bought an after market Hi-performance, upswept cylinder, spent 9 hours of gearbox out & back in again, with a clutch change too. Gone are the days of 2 spanners to do the one job - the only size not required between 10 & 15 was an 11.
Noticed within a month that there was a leak, but I blamed myself for not tightening the pipes good enough.
Didn't fancy re-doing it in the heat of summer, so finally decided to attack it on Fri. Only to find that the cylinder was bypassing fluid via the O'Rings while not activated. Once the pressure came on there was no issue, so while the car was sitting, fluid just slowly dribbled out.
Plucked the O'Rings out and they had flattened off in the contact area. Not my fault after all!
Who knows how long it had been on the shelf before being shipped to me? Have advised my supplier that new O'Rings should be supplied with every kit, with a suggestion of fitting them before its installed.
Less than a dollars worth on top of a $300 item - no brainer if you ask me.

Only taken 5 1/2 hours so far, and only a repainted brace to fit today, and then sprawl myself out over the top of the engine to get at an awkward oxy sensor plug at the top of the bellhousing. That time included sorting out the O'Ring problem.
Bit quicker the second time around. Didn't take things off that didn't need to be taken off!

poppy62, Apr 27, 10:17pm
Sounds like the slave cylinder seals are stuffed. If it's the normal hydraulic clutch operation of that era.

jentee3, Apr 28, 12:18am
thank 4 da information about clutch problem, my best info seem da clutch slave cylinder is stuff, but any udda suggestion will take heed, clutch fluid level ok.

intrade, Apr 28, 12:35am
can you shift in to gear when the engine is off?
also a 1990 wont have any internal cilinders. it more likely has a wire operated cable clutch whom has snapped.
answer above question . only please the rest is for the other posters

jentee3, Apr 28, 2:43am
sorry it"s 1999 Hyundai accent, just noticed fluid leeks out side master cylinder on the out side of clutch housing.

snoopy221, Apr 28, 4:00am
mmmm that is actually the slave-the one that doesa the work-lol
The master is probably empty-and at the least you need to find it top it up and bleed the air from the system. After that the clutch will work- However will leak-and a new slave cylinder is needed.

strobo, Feb 22, 2:47am
Oh there is oil in the reservoir . !?