Car not starting question

wendyf, Nov 7, 10:40pm
hi there. I have a mazda demio 2006, it's been going fine, and battery has been starting every time. I went to open it in my garage this morning with my remote, and my remote showed very little light like the remote had a almost dead battery, and wouldn't open the car. So i opened it with the key instead. When i put the key in the ignition , there was NOTHING. no power at all in the car. The lights were not left on. Anyone have any idea? As i need to use the car urgently today. Could the remote not working (and trying to use it) affect the car?

kazbanz, Nov 7, 10:55pm
Wendy--the CAR battery is flat is the most likely problem.
With the 06 demios the manual key does not require the key battery.
That said just in case. Check that the car is in Park if an auto.If its a Manual don't forget you need to fully depress the clutch for it to start.

rob_man, Nov 7, 11:17pm
My car starts questions with "tell me this". or "do you know. "

wendyf, Nov 7, 11:17pm
someone on facebook said something about an immobilizer?

franc123, Nov 8, 1:52am
Lol gotta love the Faceache dagnostics, immobilisers don't cause complete electrical shutdowns, battery has likely fallen over or else something has completely discharged it.

intrade, Nov 8, 2:42am
listen to frac123 he is in the trade like me, you want to ring the aa to correctly test the battery and you might need a new one if its dead , keep the old battery as one can try and charge it again. But dont get some friends of facefook jumstart your car modern cars do not like to be jumpstared wrong and it could cost you way more then a aa calout. Also i am a aa member because modern cars do fail and i dont have my tools and spear parts with my so i get AA plus they ship my car to my workshop should i one day truely brake down .

kazbanz, Nov 12, 5:18pm
WOA THERE--I missed it too.
OP have you had a kiwi alarm fitted?
Or has there been an alarm fitted.?
speaking for AVS,Mongoose and Toad dual immobiliser alarms the alarm will NOT allow the dash board to light up unless its disarmed.
If so then the symptoms you describe are that the alarm remote has a flat battery. The dash wont light up similar to having a flat car battery.
The very easy way to tell is to try the car horn or try turning on the interior light.-if they work then its the alarm--if not then its the car battery.
You will be able to split the remote open and fit a new battery so the light is a nice bright colour.
MEANWHILE that's what the emergency code is for. have a look at the alarm manual and it tells you how to manually override the alarm. you will have a disarm code supplied with the alarm.