Ranger better than Hilux

Page 1 / 2
tgray, Jul 7, 5:15am
Whilst I love Toyota's and don't care much for Ford's, I have to admit the Ford in this instance is better.
More powerful, more comfortable, handles better, more load area, better towing capacity, less service intervals, and arguably better looking.
I concede defeat.

bryshaw, Jul 7, 5:28am

monaro17, Jul 7, 5:34am
Not taking anything away from the Ranger , because it is the best ute on the market but the hilux has been pretty poor competition for the last 5 years at least

lookoutas, Jul 7, 5:36am
Which part did you have to edit?

m16d, Jul 7, 5:52am
But in 10 years time the Hilux will have 300thou on the clock and will still be truckin,AND have a resale value.

cagivachick1, Jul 7, 5:57am
i have heard of lots of ranger problems, know a guy who went from a 07 hilux to a new ranger, loves it but wishes he got a auto as the manual is horrid

monaro17, Jul 7, 6:00am
it will only have as much resale value as some muppet is willing to pay which in this country for Toyota products is extortionately high. Second hand hilux's and land cruisers are some of the most consistently overpriced vehicles on our roads. Not because of them being and more reliable just because people are sucked into the Toyota brand.

3tomany, Jul 7, 6:08am
Got told the hilux resale bubble is bursting a ford dealer who is also a friend said it was great trading all these hiluxes on new rangers and the Toyota trades just sold within days for big bucks but those days are gone, if they pay to much they end up stuck with it. He said they are still easy to sell but at a much cheaper price than 12 months ago.

tony9, Jul 7, 6:22am
And what does your friend who is a Toyota dealer say?

aj254, Jul 7, 6:27am
Well the ford ranger was all new only a few years ago, the hilux was all new about 10 years ago so stands to reason the ford is more up to date.
I'm keen to see how the 2016 all new hilux will go against the facelifted ranger though.

gunhand, Jul 7, 6:32am
Or, Some computer glitch will render it useless, or not viable for repair, much like the others lol.

tgray, Jul 7, 7:18am
Spelling! lol.

3tomany, Jul 7, 8:45am
Buy hilux very cheap

2sheddies, Jul 7, 10:16am
Agree. In fact, all utes and 4wd's in NZ seem ridiculously overpriced.

stevo2, Jul 7, 5:34pm
In this article on "Stuff" yesterday, the second paragraph surprised me.
" So far this year four of New Zealand's six top-selling new vehicles have been utes - Ranger, Hilux, Navara and Holden Colorado - and ute sales now account for close to a quarter of all new vehicle sales in this country."
http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/lifestyle-vehicles/69819461/new-navara-continues-nissan-ute-heritage

ryanm2, Jul 7, 6:58pm
come to chch and you wont be surprised. Every other vehicle on the road seems to be a ute of some sort. Rangers are easily the most popular. Give it another year or so and there may be a glut of Rangers for sale here in chch, ex lease expiring or firms going under or even just downsizing.

tgray, Jul 7, 8:17pm
In the USA, Ford trucks outsell cars.

joanie32, Jul 8, 2:33am
We had Rangers, and recently swapped to mitsis. Dirt cheap, 160k warranty and bloody nice to drive. Ours only tow lighti trailers or have 250kg max on the tray, if we needed more I would have kept with the Rangers, but never a Toyota.

mimik3, Jul 8, 5:17am
I have been for the last 3 years working on and off out in the gas fields of Queensland. There are only two utes that you see on site or at the rental companies. Hilux's and Ranger's/BT50's. You do see the odd Nissan and Mitisubishi but they are mainly private vehicles.
About 2 years ago there was a great fad for the VW Amorok, but that came and went very quickly.
I have had both as company vehicles and while the face lift Hilux (2012) was a huge improvement in NVH, the Ranger is a still a mile ahead.
In saying that I would love to take the new Hilux for a drive and see how that goes.

tony9, Jul 8, 5:29am
I hope their engineering is better than their grammar.

petal_91, Jul 8, 5:41am
Hilux has a petrol option. It is too bad that Ford doesn't have petrol engine variants of the Ranger like there are of the F-series.

cone1, Jul 8, 6:40am
New Hilux due soon, 2.8 Diesel and 4.0 petrol

mimik3, Jul 8, 7:14am
There is a 2.5l petrol option but doesn't make to Australia or NZ.
I wonder why?

comadi, Jul 8, 7:22am
I'm driving a 2014 Ranger at work at the moment.
It has some good points, but the 6 speed box makes driving harder than it should be.
And the seat adjustment sh*ts me.
I like to sit at a medium height and back (tall) but when you adjust for height it brings you forward.

cagivachick1, Jul 8, 8:58am
november