Ford ranger 2010 manual xlt 3.0 diesel any good

steelman3, Jan 11, 11:12am
ford ranger 2010 manual xlt 3.0 diesel any good

msigg, Jan 11, 11:30am
Well i have seen these things up to 360k still going so should be all good.

franc123, Jan 11, 12:06pm
As with all such vehicles its going to heavily depend on how the previous owners have treated and serviced it in the past. At least the early Rangers were a big improvement in drivetrain robustness compared to the Courier they replaced which is probably the best thing you can say about them, the WE 3.0 diesel apart from a bit more output doesnt seem to offer much more advantages over the WL 2.5. They are suddenly looking very dated now, I would have a definite ceiling on what I would pay for one.

apollo11, Jan 11, 12:59pm
They have an indicator fault that seems to be very common. I seldom see the indicators working on a Ford Ranger.

stevo2, Jan 11, 1:27pm
I seem to recall talk of manual gearboxes giving trouble?

skiff1, Jan 11, 2:14pm
I’m at half a million km on one I’ve had from new, the don’t like getting hot, even a wee bit. Keep the radiator clean inside and out. Make sure it has the up dated EGR cooler.
I’ve heard stories about fragile clutches, but I think that’s more likely bad drivers.
Mine has had a bunch of irritating niggles from electrics like power windows, but overall pretty happy

andy61, Jan 12, 8:25am
i looked at buying 1 about 4 years ago, test drove a 2011 Ranger and a 2010 Hilux, I couldnt beleive how sluggish the Ranger was compared to the Hilux (Ranger had 163 kms,Hilux had 278 ikms), I was a bit wary of the Rangers as I had heard of many 3 litre Rangers cracking heads and other motor issues, but after driving one ,I walked away . they felt very narrow ,uncomfortable seats that you sat on rather tham in etc etc. I bought the 2010 Hilux-which turned out to be a very reliable dependable ute .

franc123, Sep 28, 8:14pm
Fair enough too. I remember when the PJ Ranger first came out in late 2006 and my impression was it was nothing to rave about.