Reviews please FORD MONDEO MK 4 2007-2010ish

geedubu, Oct 18, 5:02am
I refer you to mr google who will have a lot to say about this car, which by the way is not a bad one at all.

tamarillo, Oct 18, 5:28am
Damn good cars, lovely steering and ride. Engines aren't sprightly but adequate and solid. Diesels for lots of miles, petrol for commutes.

dan1989, Oct 18, 6:14am
Thanks, I have looked at Google but wanted some feedback from NZ

doriandarby, Oct 18, 6:42am

xs1100, Oct 18, 9:22am
diesels are well thought of,

brapbrap8, Oct 18, 10:08am
My neighbour had a diesel one as a company car, did quite high km on bad roads and he rated it highly.

4rdfan4eva, Oct 18, 8:53pm
DH has a 2011 diesel Mondeo wagon work vehicle, great k's to a tank, really nice to drive on the open road, good boot space, feels a really solid vehicle but then my car is a 2000 Demio.

dbolton, Oct 18, 10:14pm
I Have had two and still have the second a 2009 2.3 petrol. Very reliable and are very well priced. I roughly 8.5 litres per hundred Ks and have had it down to 8 per hundred. Comfortable,drive and 6 airbags, Very roomy particularly the hatchback and wagon. Mine has a standard torque converter auto but 2010 onwards have the powershift transmission which does require more servicing. There are quite a few on the road with many being used Lease companies. A good website to do research is Talkford as well as Honestjohn

kiwikid2005, Oct 19, 8:10am
We had a 2.0L 2008 Mondeo manual sedan. Great car. perhaps a tad under-powered given its weight, but then again it's not exactly the sort of car anyone buys to win street races. adequate for our purposes. roomy, 5 star ANCAP, lovely to drive. ours gave us no issues apart from the usual wear and tear items. it was regularly maintained and we sold it with a full service history. only reason for selling was to down size. was sad to see it go to be honest!

fordcrzy, Oct 19, 8:32am
great car great handling. a few things to look out for though. freying seatbelts. worn subframe bushes. coolant tank cracking. weak clutches are very expensive to replace. failing thermostats. ours seemed to eat tyres at a fast rate too

youngones2, Jan 20, 8:32am
ive got a 2011 mk 4.5 diesel and love it. 800kms to a tank with mix of m/way and town driving. 1000kms on a trip with 4 ppl onboard fully loaded. lovely driving car and power fixed with $300 www.racechip.com. ive had no mech issues and owned from new but powershift g/box needs $600 service and 60,000km.