Cars for Sale, classified ad question

purple666, Jun 1, 3:16am
Can you edit the price easily once it is running?
Am thinking of listing a car and reducing the price by $500 a week until it sells.

ryanm2, Jun 1, 4:18am
yep - you can do what you want with classifieds.

purple666, Jun 1, 4:32am
Cheers will give that a try next week.

purple666, Jun 1, 12:20pm
Hmmmmm will have to try plan B.

lookoutas, Jun 1, 11:08pm
I've tutu'd with photos, and changed the price.

I've just given TM a serve over the Mod Motors twit calling my car ugly.
Not a biggie - it caused well over 2000 views, but the friggin idiots deserve a serve for it.
Getting automated replies, so they're just getting served back with interest.
The method in the madness is that I'll probably get sick of it before they do.

Should start a tread with this.

shuddupowh, Jun 1, 11:10pm
You can edit everything in a car ad, but not the car MAKE & MODEL & certain distinguishing info. You can edit prices & description. That's it.

shuddupowh, Jun 1, 11:15pm
Example if I go edit my car ad I CANT change:- Make & Model. Year. Colour. Doors. Body Style. Fuel. Cylinders. Engine. Trans. Owners/Import History. Rego # & Stereo. I CAN change:- Model Detail. KMs. Reg/WOF Expiry Dates. Special Features (ABS etc) & Description. So yeah after the first week you cant change it to a completely different car.

lookoutas, Jun 1, 11:41pm
So OP should be right to change the price.

I tried that reduction once - didn't work. But I worked it out so it went down to my bottom price, then the auction ended. So I could just relist it again.

purple666, Jun 1, 11:56pm
I just want to do a classified as car is up for sale, will start at realistic price but will drop it by $500 a week as when I bought it I got a great deal so there is no way I will lose on it. Am buying my old Jag back so that's the only reason I'm selling my present car. Don't want to do auction on it as I can't withdraw it once bid on.

purple666, Jul 6, 1:15am
Update - didn't get a chance to do squat, sold within 24hrs of going on Trademe, a mate of mine who knew the car saw it listed, rang and made an offer, raised his offer, now owns the car and I've got my old Jag back.
Cheers for the input.