Good Hatch Backs.

Page 2 / 2
mme, Apr 22, 11:31am
Buy my 96 Impreza for carrying your kayaks. There be no depreciation as it's already fully depreciated LOL

Buy a flasher vehicle for all the rest of your driving.

serf407, Apr 22, 12:16pm
op probably won't fit in a hatchback, unless the roof line is modified with a 'Gurney bubble'.

richardmayes, Apr 23, 3:55am
The latest Corolla is a good car.

Double wishbone rear end, handles well at open road speeds.

8 speed CVT, cruises at about 2200rpm at 100km/h.

a.woodrow, Apr 23, 4:00am
How does an 8 speed CVT work?

tamarillo, Apr 23, 4:54am
Mazda 3 or golf show it up completely.

nicolaas3, Apr 23, 6:38am
Are you sure you want a hatchback? With a kayak on top you can't open the hatch. A sedan might wok out better and might even be a tad cheaper.

richardmayes, Apr 23, 6:42am
Tamarillo - no doubt, but at what price?

Woodrow - it is a cvt.

When you put the stick in "manual" mode, it gives you 7 fixed ratios to change up and down through.

When you are finished changing gears, you put it back into "D" and it will change up once more into a top ratio that is higher still than "7th gear".

nzdoug, Apr 23, 6:42am
A Golf is a Golf is a Golf.

a.woodrow, Apr 23, 6:50am
So it's not an 8 speed then, it just has 8 programmed in spots that they will hold the CVT to. Kind of defeats the purpose of a CVT being "continuously variable" doesn't it.

richardmayes, Apr 23, 7:03am
When it's in auto mode, it uses it like a cvt. step on the gas and it revs up to a speed it likes (e.g. 4000rpm) and then holds those revs as you accelerate.

Any other nits you want to pick? I'm here all week!

bwg11, Apr 23, 7:10am
No. How else could a CVT have a "manual" mode if it did not have pre-defined "steps"?

a.woodrow, Apr 23, 7:20am
What's the point of having a CVT with a manual mode at all?

richardmayes, Apr 23, 7:22am
For fun?

Some people LIKE having the option of changing gears manually, when they want to?

vomo2, Apr 23, 7:31am
Love my Honda Jazz 1500 sports!

militaris, Feb 28, 1:09am
Still possible to open the boot, just can not open it wide.

Sedans are just a bit to limited in storage.