Insurance paid for bike fix but new problem

brummoi, Oct 8, 6:34am
Eejit didn't give way, bike went down, minor damage to myself and bike. Bike was recovered by my repairer and fixed. Insurance paid. After collecting, I noticed that popping on deceleration had gone from an occasional one (good) to all the time (bad). Put up with it for a couple of weeks before booking it back in. Latest word from the bike shop is that he's tried everything to no avail - new head gasket, repacking muffler, redoing slip seals and possibly more.At my suggestion that maybe the problem could be on the carb side, he agreed it was possible and would check it out. I'm no mechanic.

Any thoughts on who should (or who is most likely to) cover the investigation, failed and hopefully successful repair costs?

tatts2, Oct 8, 7:00am
Mite be running to rich.

cagivachick1, Oct 8, 7:21am
ask on kiwibiker

brummoi, Oct 8, 7:21am
Or too lean? If this does turn out to be damage or a misalignment caused by my spill, is it too late to refer back to the insurance company? If it is too late, should I pay the full cost for a list of the repairs that didn't work? I like the guys at the bike shop, they seem really straight up and I'm not trying to shaft them.

mantagsi, Oct 8, 8:45am
I definately cannot say for sure, but since you have taken steps to address the problem within 30 days (two weeks is OK I guess) that kinda might give you a chance. You will most likely need your mechanic to provide some sort of written explanation as to how your accident caused the problem (if indeed it did).

Insurance co will probably bitch and moan and find a pet mechanic who will refute it by using remote telepathic inspection powers that outrank your hands on mechanics skilled opinion and deny your claim, or lo and behold they may come to the party. Sadly enough it may even actually go against your favour that you have already booked it into a shop, so you might be S.O.L :(

And yeah, sounds a bit lean if its popping on deceleration

brummoi, Oct 8, 9:47am
Thanks. Wish I was psychic in a way that allowed me to read minds. Be so cool to always know when people were BSing who, chicks were interested in you, etc. I would only use my powers for personal gain and gratification

lookoutas, Mar 8, 4:37pm
Let your Insurance Co know what's been happening - now.