Cleaning Dririder Bike Gear

scotts04, Oct 25, 6:05am
Yeah I have read the cleaning instructions but part of me reckons the pants would do ok washed in a cold gentle wash. anyone given this a go? Want them looking good, preparing for sale, only worn from new a few months.

gunhand, Oct 25, 6:11am
Find a day when its absolutely pissing down and go for a 150kph ride for 10 mins. Two birds with one stone, the joy of a ride and do the washing. Hang and dry. if only worn a few times i'd wet wipe and be done.
Note, all relevant disclaimers, done on closed road by professional rider over seas with Ambulance handy, if following first method.

scotts04, Oct 25, 7:41am
haha i like your style

blue35, Oct 25, 8:10am
Nah, I would not machine wash, I did that and it damaged the internal waterproof layer. Maybe spot clean if needed with wet cloth and hang out and wash with hose.

tamarillo, Oct 25, 9:24am
x1
I'm with blue, if t says don't, don't, it can damage bits.
Revit have their own cleaning solution for their gear, maybe dririder has something like it. Or just get right thing from bike shop that do dri rider gear.

hitman45, Oct 25, 9:27am
Scott what size is your old gear?

noswalg, Oct 25, 8:35pm
I chucked mine in the wash after the cold kiwi, I reckon they need a couple more cycles to get the Friday nites mud out : ) don't know if its damaged the waterproof properties, they were never very good to begin with.

scotts04, Dec 31, 9:22am
its our daughters shes tiny 58kgs, size 14 pants and 12 jacket, pants small fitting, she has gloves and weather proof over gloves too, tiny boots size 6. I think the gear will be easy to sell, its the bike that seems to be taking awhile we have it listed on TM. I think I will just spot clean, im just a perfectionist, they are like new so I will take on everyones suggestions