Disc Brakes

v8_mopar, Oct 19, 2:33am
Works good yes as far to say they do stop the mass but so loud. Why must they squeal in the dry and worse in the wet.
I have removed them and heated them on the fire to burn off oil and grime but this only helped of about 5km.

2012 Bauer Bravo 6061 series

Any ideas to stop the squeal?

clark20, Oct 19, 2:38am
New quality pads?

v8_mopar, Oct 19, 2:46am
back set are factory and front have just been replaced about 50km ago. Dont know how good they are or if you can get better

xs1100, Oct 19, 2:47am
go bendix pads or the better remsa pads they are European made

socram, Oct 19, 3:35am
Never ever had that problem, so sorry, can't help.

panicky, Oct 19, 3:39am
Do they make them for bicycles?

panicky, Oct 19, 3:48am
have you tired putting them on a slight angle? if possible?

macman26, Oct 19, 3:50am
Have you tried a bit of grease on the BACK of the pad. Sometimes the squeal is the pad to piston area.

v8_mopar, Oct 19, 3:55am
#7 and 8 They only fit one way per there shape and attach by magnet so they move back out when the pistons do. Could try the grease on back or maybe a file to the edge of the pads?

alimac1, Oct 19, 3:55am
CRC make a disc brake anti squeal that can be sprayed on the back ov the pads, and the shims before they go in

v8_mopar, Oct 19, 4:01am
I didnt know that alimac1, Ill have a look for it. You moved from Chch?

dublo, Oct 19, 4:22am
My Triumph 2000's front brakes' new pads squealed - there was no space left to fit the anti-squeal shims. Finally got around to fitting the shims when the pads wore down a little and my garage expert suggested adding a little copper grease to both sides of the shims. Result: silent brakes again!

snoopy221, Oct 19, 4:27am
End of the day tis just a harmonic vibration old skool=grease later invention is high temp silicon

martin11, Oct 19, 6:40pm
Did you put the shims in the correct way round after you had them out ?

kazbanz, Oct 19, 8:01pm
http://www.bauerbikes.co.nz/mountain-bikes/bravo
I would do the following.
1) clean up the disk First with brakeclean.
2) clean the pads with brakeclean then sand the face of the pads on a completely flat surface.
3)sand the leading edge of the pads at a 45 degree angle to take away the sharp leading edge.-
That should help heaps

gmphil, Jan 20, 6:10pm
had this a couple of times different vehicles and as said was the shims