Is a GPS on the window really a theft risk?

Page 2 / 2
floscey, Jun 19, 11:50pm
lol , i even wipe the windscreen after i take mine off so i dont leave the telltale ring on the glass.

trade4us2, Jun 20, 12:34am
My neighbour has an alarm on his Porsche and twice somebody has smashed a window and stolen his GPS unit.

tgray, Jun 20, 2:00am
If he is driving a Porsche, he probably has a high value GPS also.

bjmh, Jun 20, 2:07am
you do realise that its only the depth that varies

bill-robinson, Jun 20, 2:48am
i would have thought it would be built in. must be an old porker

luxy, Jun 20, 2:55am
If it is stolen, make sure that you have not got your home address in it

kazbanz, Jun 20, 3:09am
happy wife happy life bro

trade4us2, Jun 20, 3:10am
2001. You wouldn't expect a bankrupt with no job to have a recent one would you?

bill-robinson, Jun 20, 3:21am
i presume his accountants replaced them so he could find the court

trade4us2, Jun 20, 3:32am
His accountant is in jail for stealing all his money.

edangus, Jun 20, 3:47am
Mathew 6:13

If it can be traded for a tinnie or a point, best not to leave it hanging about.

tweake, Jun 20, 3:47am
but the sort of people who steal stuff don't always know the value of things.
we get thieves spending $20 on gas to drive around and steal $10 worth of scrap. they are not the sharpest of people.

lookoutas, Jun 20, 5:39am
That's exactly what the problem is.

Had a scum break in nearby, and the cop caught him in the shed trying on cloths. Organisation that owns the place, turned around and gave him some cloths, then took him to the 'hand-out' office and organised a chit to buy some new ones.

He will be able to do some good deals for new gears.

gsimpson, Jun 20, 6:29am
Does it not have one built in? My 10 year old FIAT has one built in to dash. I thief would have to be serious about removing it (and would be useless to them anyway)

alimac1, Jun 20, 11:21am
A 2001 Porsche worth no more than $5k. Where did he find that?

robotnik, Jun 21, 1:23am
It is something like $400+GST for a PCM map update from Porsche. I would suggest at that price most owners switch to using their phone or a standalone GPS with lifetime maps after the initial free update period runs out.

brapbrap8, May 20, 7:21pm
Thieves are freaking morons, I had some rookie smash the drivers door lock up trying to get into my 2014 Lancer GSR, it was a week old and had absolutely nothing inside it, not even a pen in the ash tray.
Can only guess that they were aiming to get the touch screen stereo out of the dash, as I don't imagine an idiot who thinks they can open a door lock with what appears to have been a flat blade screw driver would be able to get a modern car started without the key.
They didn't get in fortunately, and luckily didn't break any windows but they broke the trim around the door handle and the lock itself.