96 falcon exhaust Question

ross1970, Jun 5, 6:47am
Have one of these and the exhaust pipe has snapped clean off at the join into the front face of the rear muffler. It makes no difference to the noise level of the car at all. Can I just straight pipe it out without having to get another muffler unit? Or is the rear muffler still needed for back pressure etc? Warrantable if the rear unit is ommitted? Thanks.

intrade, Jun 5, 6:53am
check fuel consumption and power on hills now then you have your answer.

terry77.ta, Jun 5, 7:03am
Hi, probally wont get wof without it & sounds like a EZ fix for a welder.i had it happen at front small muffler on AU Fairlane & pit stop welded for me for $35.didnt have to lower system just go on2 hoist,quick grind then weld round joint, in & out under 20mins. Beautifull!

ross1970, Jun 5, 7:08am
Yeah I would have said yip weld that up, but I can see its already been done before and looks a bit borked now on the muffler face. ok so intrade I'll take that as a "yes" it's needed, ta.

kingfisher21, Jun 5, 6:18pm
Of course it'll get a warrant without it, as long as the tailpipe exits the rear properly, it's more than likely a resonator more than a muffler, if it doesn't drone at cruising speeds then just replace it with straight pipe.

terry77.ta, Jul 24, 6:02pm
I did say probably wont get a wof, far as I no u have to have sum sort of muffler/silencer device? never heard of any1 getting wof with just strait pipe & usually on Falcons the resonator is at front B4 driver seat area & muffler near rear B4 diff. I took 1 out of a EF & it only droned bad on open road & it wasn't unbearable.