Re vin a J1 Bedford advice sought please

nzanthony, Mar 8, 11:31pm
1970 J1 Bedford I'd like to put back on the road as a private vehicle. Reg is dead so I know I need to re vin etc. The truck is a flat deck with single rear wheels. The original reg papers state manufacturers gross laden weight as 7500 lb. I believe that is 3401.94 kg. The truck was first registered to a utility company and was registered as a GSV with a loading cert issued stating tare: 4615lb, payload 4760lb, Gross weight 9375lb. I do not want to have to revin this under COF regulations. The truck originally had a box on the chassis but this was replaced with a flat deck in 1978 by the trucks 2nd owner. The truck was then run on farm rego I believe until the registration was cancelled in 1996. Does anyone know if this can indeed be put back on the road and subject to WOF standards only as I don't understand the difference between the manufacturers GLW of 7500 and the loading cert GW 9375 and hope that the 7500 figure is the one that will be used in the re vin process.

mrcat1, Mar 8, 11:41pm
I owned a J1 years ago and it was only on a WOF, and your right you don't want to revin one of those under the latest COF rules, it would be virtually impossible with the brakes on those J1's.

bagal, May 8, 10:41am
Back in the day MoT(?) used to add 25% to the MGLW hence the 9375 lb.