Idiots at speed, Audi R8 / Ninja ZX10R / gxsr1000

gpg58, May 12, 3:35am
http://tinyurl.com/pjc65ay

I do not support such driving, but it is a nice sound, v10 on song.

mrfxit, May 12, 3:53am
Bollocks, he's no real match for the bikes.
They probably got sick of being tailgated in heavy traffic

ema1, May 12, 4:11am
They all need to be "banged up" thread title says it all . IDIOTS.

m16d, May 12, 6:07am
The only idiot is the Audi driver. following the bikes far too close.

gunhand, May 12, 7:09am
Whats an R8 worth? $90 to $200k here, those bikes, less than $10 now.
Yea some pretty dodgy driving going on. And I didn't see a race. A race has a beginning and an end with a winner, that was just a display of power.
And what was he holding up through the toll booth?

kevymtnz, May 12, 7:18am
toll card
apart from the silly chat from her thats what racing is like on a course apart from the real slow cars
but really this is not the place to do it

trogedon, May 12, 7:19am
Got to agree. That's race track speeds and that's where they should be doing it.

butterfly05, May 12, 7:41am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_2bdfBPLW4

And thats not even the v12 biturbo.

gpg58, May 12, 7:53am
agree with most, total idiots all of them, with all that lane splitting and dangerous maneuvering, i was surprised they did not hit each other, with passing either side of others, then both going for same lane at those speeds.
anyone know what language they were speaking, IE which country, and do they have an open speed limit? i was surprised how many moved over to let them thru.

cabrio1, May 12, 7:54am
V. Naughty. And those bikes are good for 300kmh. alegedly. On a track.

tamarillo, May 12, 7:59am
Yes it stupid, but it's damn hard not to smile! And the sound is heaven.
Ninja rider didn't even have gloves on!

gpg58, May 12, 8:00am
same story really, just a different flavor. Man that bike could use some taller gearing though, as sounded like hitting limiter at 300, or is it the factory set speed limit kicking in.

gunhand, May 12, 8:03am
Ive seen plenty of these kinds of "races" and comparing a street bike to super car doesn't do it for me. Now if you lined a GP bike that has the same or more top speed, well then you have a comparison. But still, bang for buck the bikes win every time.

tamarillo, May 12, 8:05am
That's bloody terrifying! Is bike limited to 299? Speedo seems stuck on it and can't give 300.

cabrio1, May 12, 8:06am
That's an R1 tapped out. Hyabusa would be good for another 20 kph.
Still a very very fast production car.

cabrio1, May 12, 8:10am
At that speed what appears to be a straight road can have some good bends. So a friend told me.

gunhand, May 12, 8:14am
Many were limited to 280kph after about 2001ish from memory. Not sure if they still are. Not hard to unlimit them. The speedos as far as I know don't read over 299 on many. And at those speeds the accuracy will be pretty optimistic. Prob out by at least 20kph. But you note that the rev counter keeps going while speed stops at 299.
And look at the roads, long straight smooth so maintaining those speeds isn't unrealistic at all. But maddness all the same

gpg58, May 12, 8:14am
Now i have watched again, Watch around the 2 minute mark, revs keep climbing but speed stays the same, so unless clutch slip, speedo will not display any faster.

ya beat me gun hand

cabrio1, May 12, 8:18am
Saw some footage years ago of an R1, flat on the tank at 180 mph.
The hyabusa went past like he was stood still. 200 mph+. Factory standard.

desmodave, May 12, 8:34am
Cool , nice Audi notes .

mcscottwgtn, May 12, 8:57am
That is so insane, the lane changing and following so so close. Surprised no one died. Totally out there.

trogedon, May 12, 9:00am
He was doing 300 but you were only doing 299!

mcscottwgtn, Feb 2, 5:49am
Liked the vid with the merc. That looked a lot safer than the lane changing idiots in the first vid.