Egr question (cr diesel)

Page 2 / 2
rctr, Mar 5, 9:36am
My idea behind the question was to plumb a line on back of intake to existing egr valve and block egr off at cooler thus eliminating the carbon filled egr entering intake but fooling the monitor circuit that everything is working as it should
After looking at data of vehicle it will require a lot of work to make this theroy a reality, as intrade mentioned the ecu pulls the fuel injection amount and cr pressure back slightly when egr is operating greater than 20% so my theory to remove egr gasses will create a lean mix and with no monitor after combustion eg o2 sensor the ecu cannot compensate.

tweake, Mar 5, 9:57am
i don't know with the latest diesels but the ones i've seen with o2 sensors use it to control dpf burn off rather than fueling control.
making it lean is not usually an issue. most of the egr detection is done via maf, ie seeing air flow drop as egr valve opens.
but if you have one that uses o2 sensor for fuel control then you can recalibrate or fool the sensor.

mrcat1, May 14, 12:03pm
I realise they can all cause problems but just understand why people have so many issues with diesels.