Motor scooter and traffic lights

Page 2 / 2
elect70, Sep 9, 2:03am
Afix a metal strip to the underside As its a induction loop relies on ferris metal to trigger it ?

peacebird15, Sep 10, 12:17pm
I found putting the stand down for a second worked

sr2, Sep 10, 12:32pm
See #22 (it works).

whqqsh, Sep 10, 2:38pm
might not be enough at times, years ago I had a Pop up Katana with a steel frame & it wouldn't trigger many lights so a strip of metal may not be enough in many cases, especially as many bikes are nearly all ali these days

davidgb, Sep 11, 10:17am
This solution worked for me when I had a bike. A bit inconvenient at times but can be done without much effort. Next time you're stuck, pull out of he stand and let it touch the road.

marte, Sep 11, 10:45am
The tip about microwave magnets is good.
They are a very strong magnet with a large magnetic feild around them.
Bigger than the neodium hard drive magnets, far stronger than speaker magnets.
You will find two in a microwave oven around the magnetron. Do not break the pink ceramic parts on the ends of the magnetron, they contain Berillium (sp?) which is a long term danger if you breathe the dust or chips in.

If its a older microwave, you can bash the transformer apart and remove the two Copper coils that weigh about a Kg and will get you $5+ for each them at a scrapmetal yard. You will need more than 1 Kg of Copper to sell though.

I could sell you a couple of magnets for $4, $2 each.

danchop, Jul 7, 6:10pm
I flick my starter motor whilst stationary on the pads and that has only failed at a couple of aucklands lightsmand id stop at more lights per day than just about everyone on a scooter.