Ssangyong utes racing on (For me its tv3)

wizzbikz, Mar 23, 2:14am
This class will overtake V8 supercars as the most watched class of motorsport on TV .(its not for me on TV3).

noswalg, Mar 23, 2:30am
Can't think of anything better to do on a sunny sunday afternoon than watching identical 2.3L Korean utes driving slowly round a racetrack!

slarty45, Mar 23, 2:32am
Swift racing was better, at least they were designed to handle rather well.

elect70, Mar 23, 3:05am
Could watch WTT cars, feild of Citroens & odd honda & a lada -riveting

3tomany, Mar 23, 8:34am
WOW just watched it on my-sky how absolutely boring next time it records I am pushing delete immediately

scarey65, Mar 23, 8:41am
but at least it was close with a few moments

richardmayes, Mar 23, 10:14am
What we really need, is even more of the same V8s we've been watching race for 50 years.

bobwyn, Mar 24, 1:12am
I guess at least they are out there doing it no moaning about it on a message board.

esprit, Mar 24, 1:16am
Someone needs to start televising 2kCup. The cars might be slow, but the racing is great and the cars are varied. Unlike the ute racing it's generally pretty clean too. The panelbeating bills in the Ssangyong series must be massive!

socram, Mar 24, 2:11am
Unfortunately esprit, most of the best racing, with full grids and a variety of cars is multi-make, much of it with older cars, so unless it is Repco, Pick-a-Part, Super Cheap or one of the fuel companies, picking up the TV tab, it ain't gonna happen.

One day, one or two of these companies are going to wake up and see that where the grids are full, not only is the racing better, but there is an opportunity for creating massive customer support.

Never underestimate brand/customer loyalty. We wouldn't have retained our series sponsors (Auckland Engineering Supplies and Arrow Wheels) if they didn't get the benefits - and that is without TV coverage. I'm sure that the guys in our series who buy Chicane Racewear for example, do so because they also appreciated the past support, particularly at the awards nights and not just because unlike most of the opposition, most of it is also Kiwi made.

quickbuck, Apr 16, 12:12pm
Bingo to all of the above. I think in the bike world we support our sponsors every time we can.

By the way, there is another avenue for coverage of races that isn't on TV.
Ever heard of this: http://www.ctaslive.co.nz/

Grant does a fantastic job with the bikes. He is expanding, but we need to be careful not to over work him or commit him. If there is somebody else out there with similar skills then they could make it work too (I am picking).