Four-wheel-drive Zephyr MK4 for sale

Page 1 / 2
countrypete, Nov 24, 7:52pm
Never knew this existed.
http://bringatrailer.com/2015/11/22/number-one-of-22-4wd-abs-test-bed-1968-ford-zephyr-6/
This will bring big bucks I would think.

bjmh, Nov 24, 7:59pm
jeez they were a warranty nightmare standard . imagine with 4wd .

bill-robinson, Nov 25, 12:37am
lot more collectable than 4292 65 mustangs

elect70, Nov 25, 2:42am
They did a few falco n 4wds as well but aint seen any for sale in NZ .

doglover2003, Nov 25, 3:58am
But nowhere as kool

cagivachick1, Nov 25, 4:21am
mustangs are like bumholes everybody has one

poppajn, Nov 25, 5:14am
And HQ Holden's

ntalke, Nov 25, 5:17am
Heard in the Hot rod world they are known as Cockroach cars,everyone has one

trogedon, Nov 26, 1:45am
I've never had on, and that's ok.

mals69, Nov 26, 1:49am
Bloody good looking bumhole !

Iconic shape - anybody would think they common as a mazda 3 way
you tools go on

oldboyjohn, Nov 26, 2:12am
Strange how everyone apparently has one, in my street of 70 homes there is 1 and in the subburb of almost 1500 homes there are 2. Must be an awful lot of empty houses!
I guess those that are jealous say all sorts.

jerichord, Nov 26, 3:31am
guy up the road has a falcon ute 4wd, the ausies made a handfull for their , army to evaluate, never went ahead with it, drove a kiwi zodiac as a m.o.t cop car for a while, went like stink untill the oil pump drive gave up , very comfortable car to drive for 8hrs on the trot.

elect70, Nov 26, 4:39am
^^ My boss when i was apprentice traded his 3 year old Mk3 zodiac on Mk 4 & regreted every day of it i had to take it to the ford wkshop about every other week . The 3 was a 4 on floor gold color . Even tried to buy the 3 back but dealer sold it within week of trading it . Iremembered the falcoon 4wd Wheels mag raved & said things like look out toyota 7 nissan . wonder where they got the 4 wheel drive from an american ford ?

richardmayes, Nov 26, 4:58am
Isn't it amazing how American V8 people always find a way to make it all about them and their V8s? It's not as cool as MY V8 MUSTANG. I'd rather drive MY V8 MUSTANG than that thing. Did I mention I HAVE A V8 MUSTANG?

Call me jealous but if I had the money to buy a Mustang, I wouldn't buy a Mustang, just saying.

Does this thing have the 6.4 turns lock-to-lock steering like a Zodiac? Apart from that I imagine 150hp in a light '60s English saloon with 4WD would probably be quite a fun drive, and would probably surprise a few people with how quick it is. ?

(Also it would have been interesting to know if the primordial 4WD actually handled, or does it just understeer?)

lookoutas, Nov 26, 6:31am
It's interesting that this debate is never initiated by the owners of the vehicles being crapped on, so to answer your issues (that you seem to have) I have 2 Mustangs, a Subaru and just recently a BMW.
In my opinion, my Mustang's are not cooler than someone elses car, but more importantly, I would never insinuate any such notion.
Now I live in Taumarunui, and if I needed to get to say Te Kuiti in one hell of a hurry in an emergency, neither of those Mustang's would be given a second thought. If it was fine, I would probably take the BMW, and if it was raining or likely to be slippery, I would take the Subaru. So I would not rather drive a Mustang than one of those others.
On the other hand, if I was just going for a cruise, or to a car day, then one of the Mustangs would go.

The only time I will ever mention one of my cars on here, is if that car is relative to the subject being discussed.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but what really gets my back up is when some plonker expresses their negative, unconstructive opinion towards something that they should really just shut-up about. And I will bat for anyone who finishes up on the end of these comments.

Envy and jealousy is often in the mix, and that has to be quite obvious at times, but the real answer is - MYOFB first.

cagivachick1, Nov 26, 6:38am
common mustangs are like harleys used to be rare now they are everwhere

monzaman, Nov 26, 7:08am
Also fitted with the Ferguson Formula system where 6 x Opel Monzas (like mine),1 or more Triumph 2.5,Jensen Interceptors and Bitter CDs(Opel based) in England for South Africa.

marmar1, Nov 26, 7:19am
Must be a Holden fan with green eyes.

cagivachick1, Nov 26, 7:38am
nono not ford or holden fan, i had a xw falcon for 26 years, but i like the hk through to hq holdens, also like my mates camaro, and really like my other mates R8 with a supercharger so . whatever

lookoutas, Nov 26, 7:43am
Well if you go to the Beach Hop, you will find there are as many Camaro's as Mustang's.
And you know what? I appreciate the work that's gone into those Camaro's just as much as anything else.

brapbrap8, Nov 26, 9:57am
https://www.hoonigan.com/hoonicorn

Did somebody say 65 Mustang 4wd?
It has 410 cubes and 845hp, and belongs to a certain Mr Block.

richardmayes, Nov 26, 9:06pm
Fair enough, a lot of people envy me and try to drag me down to their level all the time too, so I know how you feel, and I apologise.

So does anybody know how the 4wd Zephyr went? Was there ever a road test magazine review of it?

bjmh, Nov 26, 9:26pm
lookoutas. rex . take your vitamin B ,see what happens when don't ha ha

mals69, Nov 26, 10:00pm
Good on him for standing up for his ride when others try and put it down.

The shite in here about stangs no doubt parroted shite - incapable of an original thought !

kam04, Nov 26, 11:29pm
I know of someone who I doubt has one (bumhole) because it all seems to come out of his mouth.