2006 SV6 VZ commodore paddle shift issue

donz01, Aug 9, 9:47pm
My SV6 has active select paddle shift that used to work when I got it about 6 months ago. I rarely use the paddleshift but it would be good to sort out what may be wrong. Around May I fitted a touch screen stereo with all the sat nav and blue tooth etc. All the stereo functions work from the steering wheel buttons and the active select switch on the console works to the point that it will hold the car in whatever gear it is in when selected. The gear select up and down buttons will not work. I am thinking Clockspring maybe or is it time for it to be checked out by the local holden dealer or autosparky with the correct scanner.

kazbanz, Aug 10, 12:30am
What does the "manual" shift on the gear lever do-ie does it work or has it diesd too?

intrade, Aug 10, 12:48am
well it could well be a problem with the aftermarket stuff you added.
almost anything needs programming in on cars of that age radios are often one of loads of ecu processing data and making desitions what other computers should be doing as part of a network.
so dont start messing with stuff like clock spring or you have a airbag light permanent on on top of it also soon.

donz01, Aug 10, 8:28am
Manual shifting works ok. The stereo was ex aussie advertised for VZ C ommodore. Before buying it I did ask about the steering wheel buttons operating the volume and channel etc and all was ok. With the exception of joining 2 wires the whole system was plug and play. Syncing steering wheel buttons to stereo was really as easy as selecting volume up on the stereo and hold volume up on the steering wheel for a few seconds until the stereo chose volume down etc. I will take it to the holden dealer and see if they can find out why it wont work.

intrade, Aug 10, 9:03am
you better ask them questions you might have to talk to a few dealer.
if they dont even know about coding and programming then your wise move is to go to the next dealer, plenty morons with no clue , i seen that when the pile of crap brand new citroen had to go to the dealer
code unknowen is what there scanner spits out so that did mean they cant do anything because the codes did not tell the fkn moron what was wrong.
So be warned that was in germany it be 100 times worse in nz with morons who have no clues.

intrade, Aug 10, 9:09am
here is what they need to talk about if they have a clue .
they will scan it with the gm-tech 2 or if the car is newer i dont know from when on backwards the j25-34 passthru programming diagnostic tool from GM go. the j2534 is what is used to programm and adjust= recode correct teach in modules.
they also will tell you they will be looking for tsb on your problem on the factory website.
thats what the kind of stuff a professional will tell you they will do so find out if you deal with morons before you leave the car at there shop-
the citroen with the morons where a german factory aproofed repair shop by the pile of french crap manufacturer and they where clearly the biggest swaptron morons i ever seen it was mindboggeling.

kazbanz, Oct 22, 5:20pm
I can tell you for definite what it ISN'T . It isn't the clock spring.--or nothing else would work and you would have an SRS light on the dash board.
It does make sense that the flappy paddle would route through the radio on the basis that everything else run of the wheel controls goes via there.
It also lines up with the "manual" shift off the gear lever still working properly. Im betting its a simple reset needs doing.