1000 new Renault cars

jmma, Aug 14, 9:26am
Got burnt in explosion in China.
Wee bit OT but WOW that must have been some explosion.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3195477/Fifty-people-injured-enormous-blast-explosives-shipment-hits-Chinese-city.html

ema1, Aug 14, 9:57am
Lots of VW's too among others, that was one hell of a blast, it's a wonder there weren't a lot more folks killed actually.

sr2, Aug 14, 11:07am
Wow, the time delay in the video gives you some idea of the size and distance of the explosion.
It sure makes my world famous (in Milford) acetylene bombs look a little lack lustre!

tamarillo, Aug 14, 7:45pm
pity cars aren't right hand drive, we'd have em. still be better than a corolla eh!

jmma, Aug 14, 8:49pm
Lots of carnage, loss of live and untold injuries and you want to make it a Euro v Jap thread.
Bad taste IMO

tamarillo, Aug 14, 9:11pm
Fair call except you started the thread and called it '1000 new Renault cars'.
If it was a thread in general section about the tragedy I'd agree totally and hope I'd never have posted my comment, that was merely a tease.
I don't have a problem with discussing one issue seperate from the larger one, which is what I thought you were doing. Sorry if I was mistaken.

jmma, Aug 15, 12:48am
No worries, I was just repeating what it had under the pic, cheers (o:

elect70, Aug 15, 1:50am
Norty we did 3 of those in a paddock &took photos for local paper UFO landing ?

tamarillo, Aug 15, 2:18am
All good, do agree it looks bloody horrendous. How the heck it can happen is scary.

upnorth, Aug 15, 8:03am
Do they still make VW and Renault cars in Europe?

What will these cars be when recycled in day or two?

medcare, Aug 15, 9:03pm
The recent China explosion was impressive to watch on TV and is reported as the equivalent of 21 tonnes of TNT.

The largest industrial explosion was the Halifax Explosion in Canada in 1917, when 2 ships collided, one of which was fully laden with ammunition. The resulting explosion released the equivalent energy of roughly 2.9 kilotons of TNT. Or roughly 150 times larger than Tijan.

For a few seconds the harbour seabed was visible due to the amount if water vapourised and the ensuing rush of water created its own tsunami.

medcare, Aug 15, 9:04pm

ema1, Oct 6, 9:28am
Wow the carnage is even more extensive than I first thought. that's a sickening event to see happen.
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/08/13/volkswagen-loses-thousands-vehicles-chinese-explosion/