Chain Saw saga ;trade turning bad

Page 2 / 2
mrcat1, Mar 1, 9:21pm
There are people on here who think the consumer guarantees act applies to stuff they buy on here off private traders, it doesn't in any shape way or form.
There are also people on here that it doesn't matter how much they pay for a item they will still moan and still expect a brand new item even though it is listed as a 30 year old Dolmar saw, in a real world people would normally come and look at a item for sale and then decide if they want it or not, with trade me you don't have the option on viewing an item normally as its against the rules to give out contact details, so if your buying threw this forum anyone knows the risk that basically your relying on other peoples views, perception's and information, the biggest advice is to ask as many questions as possible to ascertain whether the item is what you want, many don't ask questions and when the item turns up it may be not what they thought it would be like but the person only has their self to blame if they haven't asked anything.
And as for the initial run around you got from them about whether its been paid for and they assured your partner it had been paid for and it hadn't, that is just a total low thing to do in anyone's book, if someone has bid on something then its theirs, pay the money and get on with life, if its not what they wanted or their perceptions was not what the item was like they can easily put it back on trade me and resell it again.
I hope this helps.

gmphil, Mar 2, 12:39am
^^^ I was under impression that trade me was licenced like all other auction ,u must allowing viewing or its illegal ?! ive had two email over this and replied with well it an auction law stats i must allow viewing ?.they viewed in brought thru trade me u have ur fees.
no response back

mrcat1, Mar 2, 1:16am
SPECIFIC WARNINGS

2.1 The Services: Trade Me provides a venue to introduce members who want to buy and sell items or to advertise and find jobs and Member Services. Trade Me does not take any part in the sale of items other than by providing our Website as a venue for members. If a bid is accepted by a seller, a contract of sale will be formed between the buyer and the seller directly. We do not act as agent for either party and do not participate in any sale or transaction between you and other members, including where you use the credit card service. If you use the credit card service, we simply pass on payments made by one member to another. As a result, even though some of the Services are being referred to as an auction, Trade Me is not an auctioneer (whether under the Auctioneers Act 2013 or otherwise). Trade Me also provides a Services Category venue where members can be connected with trades people and service providers. Restrictions for using the Services Category are outlined in the Member Services Category Policy.

4.1 General

a.All listings, bids or communications made through Trade Me shall be made in good faith.

b.You must not damage, interfere with or harm the Website or Services, or any network, or system underlying or connected to them, or attempt to do so.

c.You may not use a robot, spider, scraper or other unauthorised automated means to access the Website or information featured on it for any purpose.

d.You shall not list your email address, phone number or any other contact detail within the description of listings, listing comments and/or questions, in your member profile, or in the Trade Me message boards.

e.Not withstanding 4.1d above, you may enter your appropriate contact details in the relevant contact detail fields of those listing categories which specifically provide for those details, i.e. Motors, Property, Jobs and classifieds.

f.You must list auctions and classifieds in New Zealand dollars and include GST in the price (except when listing commercial property for lease, which excludes GST). All tax obligations are the responsibility of the seller and/or the buyer (as the parties determine).

g.You must not complete a transaction outside of the Trade Me process or otherwise seek to avoid Trade Me's success fees. Attempts by you to avoid fees, including through multiple memberships, premature auction withdrawal, or otherwise, may result in Trade Me suspending or terminating your membership at the discretion of Trade Me.

h.Contracts for the sale of land must be in writing to be legally enforceable.

i.You must not use the Services or the Website to promote items for sale outside the Services.

j.You are responsible for any actions taken through your membership. Trade Me memberships are not transferable and therefore cannot be sold, leased, lent or traded without specific written authorisation from Trade Me.

Maybe you should read Trade Me terms and conditions at some point in time.

ozz1, Mar 2, 2:23am
"vexatious" complaint//? you dont own an mg by any chance?

ozz1, Mar 2, 2:42am
"vexatious" complaint//? you dont own an mg by any chance? or does customer?

kevlight, Mar 12, 3:04am
latest from them today,vexing yes, tenacious definitely,obstinate ? you decide.
On 2/03/2015 6:10 a.m., kev wrote:
> Sorry to hear you are having problems with the Dolmar Saws ,
> . I was leaving my Brother to sort it out, but it appears his solution to every thing,
> is to sweep it under the bed and ignore .
> . might work for him but not very productive.
> If you want a refund I can pick up the Saws and refund cash back to you.
> your address for pick up and a refund should sort it.
> . As my partner was dealing with this at the time,
> will have to get my brother to look it up.
> . thanks regards

Hi Kev

Thanks for responding. We've been humming and harring about the best option. We do want to hold onto the saws, especially now that one is working well as we need it. So a refund is not an option for us. We have recieved the bill for servicing it- to sharpen, get runnning, new plug and labour inc gst- $59.57 , and would be happy with reimbursement of $50 to cover what was advertised as done. We are happy to email you the bill of service if desired. regards ali K

skin1235, Mar 12, 3:19am
the bill is their problem, not yours

quite frankly $59 says it had a quick sharpen and a new plug, it obviously did not need any work to get running ( it was in for a service and the plug gets changed as a matter of course due to the service )
the sharpen is nothing to do with you, nor is the service, you do not have to pay anything at all
he got two saws for $150 and its cost him $59 for a service on one of them

blardy good deal
do you have any other saws I could buy

skin1235, Mar 12, 3:22am
the service was obviously minor, the plug alone is $9, the sharpen is $15, leaves about $24 for the actual service labour and GST of $7.50 so actually $15 for the labour - ie about 10- 12 minutes worth ( theres not many shops that charge less than $80 per hr for labour

peanuts, he should pay it himself

if you feel you must reimburse him insist the saws are returned immediately and you will reimburse him the full cost of $209

kevlight, Mar 12, 3:22am
I have offered a refund and to pick up saws,and been turned down.
so my reply to them now today.
"I have considered your request and numerous emails and decided no, you are not entitled to a payment
from me ,no part payment nothing. Please stop emailing me ,it boarders on harassment.
. This is the end of your requests.please stop and desist from contacting me."
Dated Wednesday 11 th March 2015 regards Kev Wild.

skin1235, Mar 12, 3:25am
take your name off the end kev

regards kev XXXX

kevlight, Mar 12, 3:26am
how do i go about, blocking emails ? please, thanks

i am posting the 'Saga' so i have some where safe. to store the emails as my hard drive is about to crash.

skin1235, Mar 12, 3:30am
go back and edit out your name, you have 15 minutes from the time it was posted

do that and then we will talk about blocking the emails

edangus, Mar 12, 3:38am
Kev, you are a patient man. I would replied with an email saying "Go eff yaself" wankers.

Jesus, I have spent over $1,000 on the Outboard I bought with my boat. It had just been "serviced" I am not quite sure with what. (Had not even had running 2 hours before it crapped out) .To be fair, I believe the prior owner thought it was a good motor. I certainly haven't even talked to him about it. Part and Parcel of "Second Hand" Engines and Age.

skin1235, Mar 12, 3:44am
okay kev, you weren't able to delete the name, perhaps it will slip though without notice

now re blocking emails, I need to know which email program you use to receive your emails, ie thunderbird, outlook, office outlook etc, they each have different ways to do it, but they may be similar enough to explain
office outlook you simply right click on the email and go to junk email section were it takes one click to add the sender to the blocked senders list

kevlight, Mar 12, 5:30pm
skin1235 thanks . im running three part time jobs, so im only on the computer in the small hours , i start work at 7am and don't finish till 10 pm.
. i buy sell and deal in stuff to keep ahead of the. EX. and her outrageous demands. bloody Lawyers !
. im running Mozilla Firefox ,g.mail ,thanks for your help ,,,,the stress from this and the B******ds at Plumbing is giving me a a Angina attack ,,,
Your help and the support of the other posters has been invaluable,,, its a bugger getting older ,slower and not as Quick i used to be.
. i know im not 100 % in the right here,,, but the greif they have given me ,cancels out any good will i started with.
. My boss at my other job is all ays telling me ,"you will have to toughen up ! its a cruel world out there and people will take advantage if you let them". . isn't that true, now i see it for my self
. thanks again , have to go to work regard kev

ngina attack

skin1235, Mar 12, 5:42pm
cheers, a small point though

you ARE 100% in the right, there is no fault that can be leveled at you
you sold in good faith, had made all conditions known prior to sale

if there is any toughening up to do it would be in stopping these jerks pulling your chain

richardmayes, May 3, 9:58am
They got a $58 service for their USED chainsaw (not new) that they bought from you for $175 / 2 = $82.50, and they expect you to pay for that too? Jesus wept.

Perhaps you should go around to their place and offer to cut and stack their firewood for them too? After all there seems to be no end to the free stuff they are "OWED".