No Euro cars for gubbiment use.

kazbanz, Jun 24, 8:49pm
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Enterprise has announced the latest of its ???all of government??

tamarillo, Jun 24, 8:54pm
Comes down to money I assume and who offers best fleet pricing. Assume that's why Honda are not there too.
Jeez, Might as well be a rep.

3tomany, Jun 24, 10:10pm
amuses me the government keeps bringing in health and safety rules we must all comply with no matter the cost but when choosing commercial vehicles for government workers 4 stars is ok because the 5 star probably euro is to costly

robotnik, Jun 24, 10:15pm
I wonder if that includes Ministerial limos too, although I suspect procurement of those has its own rules.

If limo purchases are also limited to that list of manufacturers; do Ford and Holden still do LTDs and whatever the big Commodore was called (Caprice?)?

Could we see a Hyundai Genesis limo, or eve better Toyota Centuries complete with lace curtains and plush fabric seats?

vtecintegra, Jun 24, 10:23pm
What makes you think that? All those manufacturers have predominantly 5 star vehicles

3tomany, Jun 24, 10:32pm
http://www.business.govt.nz/procurement/pdf-library/aog/Vehicles%20Buyers%20Guide%202015.pdf read the list commercial vehicles can be 4star. This in my opinion is not necessary with 5star commercial vehicles readily available.

richardmayes, Jun 24, 11:20pm
I don't know if either Ford or Holden are still doing their LWB saloons right at the moment - but certainly neither of them will be in 4 or 5 years time (towards the end of the Govt contract)!

Perhaps the PM will be picking up visiting dignitaries from the airport in a Captiva? That would be a GREAT look for the country.

richardmayes, Jun 24, 11:22pm
Who cares? In a head-on crash between a 4-star NCAP light truck and a 5-star supermini type car, I'd rather be in the truck thanks very much!

melonhead1, Jun 25, 12:12am
They should get Toyota Centurys.

serf407, Jun 25, 12:39am
Barina should do it with roof rack for the luggage.

sharchew, Jun 25, 2:30am
They get them for a good price and when the sell them they get a great price

attitudedesignz, Jun 25, 3:37am
Ummm, they lease them, not buy them.

elect70, Jun 25, 3:51am
What no cherrys or geelys or great wall , their chinese partners wont like being excluded . Chuck in couple more airbags & any car can get 5 star rating , it isnt based just on crash tests . Like how the hell do forward control cab over vans get 5 stars ?

attitudedesignz, Jun 25, 4:01am
Maybe as the cars are for politicians wouldn't it be better (for us common folk) that what ever they do get doesn't have any air bags at all?

3tomany, Jun 25, 4:24am
Do they? Hiace is probably the best. http://rightcar.govt.nz/ancap-test-result.html?q=434

3tomany, Jun 25, 8:38am
but you might not want to be in a forward control van

trevenco, Jul 22, 12:17pm
Well if they do plan on being captive for any period of time in a Captiva, they might want to wear fire proof suits, crash helmets, clutch their bibles tight and cross their fingers! Those fire hazardous shit boxes are death traps.
A true mistake from wheel to roof.
Hmmm maybe they should use Captivas after all.

westwyn, Jul 22, 8:24pm
The Crown fleet of limousines are not part of the MBIE fleet deal- they are purchased independently (and I'm 99% certain are owned, not leased), by the Crown. The deal BMW put together under the past two replacement cycles has been financially beneficial for the Government- based upon BMW's desire to be "seen" as the Crown car of choice, the unit price has been "rumoured" (ie we all think we know, but no-one has ever confirmed) to be so attractive that Holden etc never stood a chance- and the re-sale of the first batch a few years ago proved the point of the exercise.

The MBIE deal is much like the old GSB a few decades ago, bulk supply equals reduced per unit costs, and by all financial accounts it's been very successful in that area.

elect70, Jul 23, 1:16am
Im sure their chinese friends will do a deal on Jeely or Cherys for them .

fordcrzy, Jul 23, 1:35am
i guess under the TPPa they will all be chevrolet or caddies next time round. pontiacs for the plebs though

don1751, Jan 8, 4:32pm
Why do ministers need limo's? After all they are our emplyee's and few of us use lomo's. Personally i reckon thet should use a corolla or similar but lets be generous and give them a camry, much more egalitarian than a beemer.