FG falcon XR6?

Page 2 / 2
melonhead1, Aug 16, 8:57am
Pfft, stuff what it looks like. Its about the Smiles-Per-Gallon with a 4 litre straight six mate.

morrisman1, Aug 18, 8:48am
I concur, but think they did fix it with the late models. Anything up to BA was terrible.

200sx, Sep 11, 2:02am
Mate, the key with any Falcodore is to check its history. At that mileage there is the potential for many things to need work, but if there is evidence of correct scheduled servicing, and its clear the previous owner has looked after it, it should be a safe bet. I've just come off a 3yr/45k lease on a 2012 FG2 XR6. The only issue I had in 3 years was the ignition barrel needed replacement 3 months before the lease ended (under warranty anyway). Aside from nothing. No interior squeaks, noises, issues etc. I drove it on 95 Octane, and it went hard with the 4.0 6 and 6-sp auto, handled well for a large car, plenty of space obviously, and was relatively well specced. Australian cars, while still suffering from the occasional Friday build syndrome, have come a long way in the last 10 years. Find a good one, and it will serve you well. I've had plenty of Aussie 6's and V8s over the years - its just a case of taking your time to find a good one!