Which type of petrol? Nissan March

millesime, May 31, 10:41pm
Hi guys, I just purchased a Nissan March 2009, auto, 4 cylinder, 1195cc.
The manual is in Japanese and it doesn't state on the car what petrol to use. Thought I'd pop on here in case anyone else has a Nissan or knows which petrol is best suited? Many thanks, Zara

intrade, May 31, 10:49pm
95 i usually call it 96 dont know why also make sure to use correct oil and oem oil filters if non oem Wix are in my opinion the best aftermarket brand . oil changes 1 year no matter the milage you done or 10,000km what ever is sooner is the longest oil change for any new car, no matter what manufacturer tell you about long-live servicing that is what you need to stick to or you will have guaranteed problems sooner or later.
With 98 octane you can use it but be awear do not put any ethanol crap in the tank like gull sell only "91 from gull is non ethanol"
if i recall right. so your better to put some 91 in then ethanol conterminated fuel.E10 is 10% ethanol contermination.

therafter1, May 31, 10:52pm
91 should be fine.

morrisman1, May 31, 11:02pm
no doubt this will have full knock control, as does pretty much anything fuel injected. If there is no power difference between 91 and 95 then just stick to the cheaper one. If it doesn't like 91 it will probably feel flat in the mid-range. If you experience a decrease in power it is because the computer is sensing detonation and retards the ignition timing, and injects more fuel to make sure no damage occurs. This is the reason that SOME cars get better economy on 95 or even 98.

I don't know if the 2009 march auto tunes to the fuel, but in the case of the 90's nissans they had programming for high and low octane fuel, they switched to the low octane programming when they detected detonation.

kazbanz, May 31, 11:03pm
zara every march Ive ever sold has run well on 91.
If you REALLY want to find out fill with 91 set trip meter and see how far you go on a tank. Then fill with 95 and see how far you go on a tank.
You soon tell if the fuel economy is better on 95

mals69, May 31, 11:52pm
Old lady always run 91 in her one - 6 years on
and still going strong

millesime, Aug 18, 11:32am
Cheers for that guys