Cars you never even new existed. Here's one LOL

Page 1 / 2
tgray, Aug 31, 8:31am
It looks like something from the 60's!

grangies, Aug 31, 9:01am
Wikipedia says it only weighs a bit over 700kgs.

I wonder why the seller has no description about it on his classified? Seems odd, to not at least tell a potential buyer something about it.

seadubya, Aug 31, 9:07am
Pretty sure they will be on the micra platform from the same guy who designed the s-cargo and the figaro.

tgray, Aug 31, 9:13am
69mpg!

ema1, Aug 31, 9:13am

2sheddies, Aug 31, 9:22am
Because once they'd finished waffling about themselves there was no room left for a vehicle description.

trogedon, Aug 31, 9:27am
Lots of dealers do that - all about them and how wonderful they are and very little about the vehicles that should be the most important part of the listing.
Very cool car imho.

grangies, Aug 31, 9:28am
Imagine the fuel economy these days, if manufacturers were still allowed to build cars like that.

As in 5 seaters weighing so little with bugger all safety features, but with modern fuel efficient engines.

2sheddies, Aug 31, 9:34am
I agree. it's a pet hate of many people. I remember a discussion about it once before.

grangies, Aug 31, 9:42am
I can (sort of) understand when it's just a run of the mill blah, blah, blah kind of vehicle.

But when it's something so spectacularly quirky as the Nissan Pao, then surely they should add in the description what the hell it actually is. LOL

2sheddies, Aug 31, 9:56am
Even run of the mill deserves at least a basic blurb about that particular car, as that's what potential buyers are most interested in. but yep, especially in these cases! Ah well, thank goodness for google and wiki lol!

It looked very similar to something I'd seen ages ago, and after googling I discovered that one was a Nissan Figaro.

westwyn, Aug 31, 11:25am
There was a real fad in the late Eighties / early Nineties in Japan for these "retro" styled minicars / small compacts. Often they retained good value long after they were available for NZ market condtions. Some of them were.
-Nissan Pao
-Nissan Be
-Nissan Figaro
-Nissan S-Cargo

not to be confused with the "other" trend of "Britishifying" certain cars, with Vanden Plas / Jaguar graft-on noses and tails- like the Mitsuoka range, the Viewt etc.

socram, Aug 31, 8:52pm
There is a very good reason why we haven't heard of it.

tgray, Aug 31, 8:57pm
They sold over 50,000 of them. We you been?

kazbanz, Aug 31, 9:10pm
Im sorry dude we went through all this before.
Just to remind you. --
MOST dealer advertising on TM comes as a feed from Autobase (trade me motors)
When advertising there your advert is split into three separate sections.
First theres the "tickbox" section where you choose the features--alloy wheels etc.
Second is the hand entered vehicle description. This is the bit we have to think about and type up for every individual car. which can be hard when the car is still in Japan for example.
Third is the generic blurb. This gets loaded onto each and every advert.
What YOU might find annoying "blurb" other people concider to be invaluable information.
-You don't care how long a company has been running for--Someone else sees it as showing they will be around for awhile
You don't care that warranties or finance are available-someone else may be concerned about these things.

tgray, Aug 31, 9:16pm
All this and the 'generic blurb' is of the dealer choosing however and saves them typing it out every time.
I use Auto base (Dealer base) and just do a 'normal ad' with no fluff.
It's still the choice of the dealer to go on about themselves or not.
I see your point Kaz, but some dealer ads are simply a description of their business and contain almost nothing of the car.
When people see the 'dealer bubble' on the ad, they already know warranties and finance will almost always be available.

tgray, Aug 31, 9:29pm
"We are a faith based family owned company, who have been serving our community and selling cars at great prices for over 20 years.
We believe in providing the best possible value to our loyal customers and all of our cars are hand picked in Japan by highly qualified professionals and serviced prior to being offered for sale here in New Zealand.
We work hard for your business and customer satisfaction is important to us.
If you are in the market for a late model, low mileage Japanese import, please make us your first choice. We look forward to hearing from you"
THIS is the stuff people are referring to!

westwyn, Aug 31, 9:34pm
"Faith based"?

A certain poem entitled "Words Of Advice For Young People" comes to mind.

kazbanz, Aug 31, 10:04pm
Hey matey we could argue this round and round all day long if you know what I mean.
The very reason we can argue it round and round is that everybody is different.
What attracts one person to a dealership may well turn others off.
Given you stuck your neck out you would be an example.
Based totally on what you posted.
Maybee 'car guys" would read your advert and go FANTASTIC--it tells me all about the car that's what I wanted to know,.
Flip side is that other people need to know that the dealers been around awhile etc etc.

tgray, Aug 31, 11:36pm
When they use that in the ad, you know your'e going to get screwed.

tamarillo, Aug 31, 11:38pm
Citroen cactus. Return to simple and light, no sporting pretensions but comfy ride. Has safety features of course.

tamarillo, Aug 31, 11:39pm
Eh . Not in Japan!

robotnik, Sep 1, 12:05am
When you're looking at a lot of similar used vehicles, the kind of support you are likely to get from the dealership can actually be rather important and a main deciding factor for a lot of people. That dealership blurb instills a lot of confidence to me.

Obviously a Pike Factory special is a little different, and might require more explanation to the average punter, but if it was a generic Mazda Demio or some such, then an extensive blurb is not really needed.

melonhead1, Sep 1, 1:20am
Safety is overrated. Its of no consequence when looking for a car.

2sheddies, Sep 1, 2:01am
Ahh no need to be sorry kaz. I do remember some discussion about it, but not in detail, so appreciate the info. Tgray has pretty much covered things now anyway, but in my view, while I do prefer to be informed about the vehicle first and foremost, I don't mind if they include the background info about themselves, underneath the detailed vehicle description, as it is useful to many, there's no disputing that. It's when they omit to place ANY vehicle info whatsoever that annoys people. We might like to learn a bit about the dealership, but more than that, we CERTAINLY want to know about the vehicle were interested in purchasing firstly.