Holden Trax OR Nissan Juke

corkranb, Aug 16, 8:50pm
There is a good video review here on the Juke http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/juke

I just bought my wife the Trax LTZ 1.8L petrol. She liked the Look and Driveability along with the Digital Display, Rear reversing camera, My Link features and the overall feel of the Trax. The heated front seats were a bonus along with the 3 point plug connection between the front rear seats.
Good luck on whatever you decide to buy.

stevo2, Aug 16, 9:08pm
Are they the only 2 you are interested in?
New or used?
What grade ie the basic model or the more upmarket?
In my opinion, there are better buys out there.

tamarillo, Aug 16, 9:29pm
Never ridden in either (and have no desire to) but if you really must then juke wins in motoring mag reviews and comparisons. It's considered a far better machine than the Holden which isn't a Holden at all.

kazbanz, Aug 16, 10:36pm
With no more information to go on but your question IO muist answer juke.
They get stunning reviews and drive not bad.

msigg, Aug 16, 11:48pm
juke all the way.

westwyn, Aug 17, 12:51am
I had a Trax for an extended review test back when they first came out- I can best sum them up as "they do what it says on the box"- a bit like an entry-level washing machine. Everything does what it needs to, a very functional machine, but as bland and colourless as laundry day at Gloriavale.

Juke styling is controversial but by comparison they offer Japanese reliability and build quality together with quirkiness. I have to say I'd plum for one of them over the Trax, even though there's nothing wrong with the Trax either.

And yes- as Tamarillo pointed out- they're no more a "Holden" than almost everything in their range these days (apart from Commodore). Another GM-DAT product (Korean). Again, nothing wrong with that- but just making sure you're not choosing Trax based on it somehow being "Aussie". Nuh-uh.

edangus, Aug 17, 1:37am
Juke Turbo or Trax Turbo? I wouldn't buy a non turbo one.
I prefer the Juke to Drive etc (especially Bird Eye View Parking) I think it Handles better etc. etc. But is one ugly son of a.

So if I was buying for me - the Trax, for the Wife - the Juke.
Juke is far better appointed, finished etc.

corkranb, Aug 17, 1:41am
The link I posted earlier regarding the Juke showed there was next to no head room when sitting in the back seats. I understand what you are saying about Holdens now being built in Korea, bit like the Triumph motorcycles are now being built in Thailand and also just about every iconic British car is now being built outside of Britain.

robotnik, Aug 17, 2:34am
The Trax featured in Transformers Age of Extinction. I don't think the Nissan was in any block buster movies. If you have kids of a certain age then driving in an actual transformer would be quite the thing.

tamarillo, Aug 17, 3:00am
Ouch! As a triumph owner I'm gonna have to argue that! The triumph plant in thialand is simply a copy of their UK plants, purely a production unit. Same as fords plant there that turns out focus. They're still designed by mother ship.
The trax though is a Korean designed and built unit, with GM using the facilities there for cheaper, less advanced vehicles. For instance in Europe the Cruze is sold as a budget model against the same sized local GM cars.
Glad I got that off my chest!

jeff1234, Aug 17, 7:50am
The cruze is badged Chev, in Europe / UK like the other Korean holdens sold here. Vauxhalls / opals are much better cars.

3tomany, Aug 17, 8:11am
so did bumble bee lose the v8 or is GM just trying to make trax sexy like camaro OH I am confused

corkranb, Aug 17, 9:32am
Designed by Mother ship but all the parts are Asian made and assembled. I have had the T100 Bonneville, 1050 Sprint, 1050 Tiger, Speedmaster and the 1700 Thunderbird over the last 10 years. I'm sure the Thunderbird are still assembled in England. God help Harley if they ever made their bikes off shore as the US riders are so pro US made.

tamarillo, Aug 17, 10:18am
Officially they claim no bike is wholly made in Asia. They insist the plants all make various parts in each place and assemble in either from parts from varuios plants. Cheeky buggers!

mals69, Aug 17, 10:26pm
Poor build quality with the cruze - pisstiva - doubt trax be any better, best to get the nissan !

robotnik, Aug 17, 10:41pm
The Chevy Trax was a non-sentient, mindless drone transformer created by the humans, which Megatron took over for his nefarious purposes. As a group the Trax and other drone transformers were called Vehicons.

ftorres, Aug 19, 9:44pm
cvt engine on juke. go with the kia soul

tamarillo, Sep 22, 7:25pm
? CVT is a type of auto gearbox not engine, and though I don't like them at all I do accept that the latest ones seem to be built better and be capable of doing the miles, and they do help efficiency. In a thing like the Juke its perfect.