TYRES FOR NANA CAR? 185/60/15 (or 195/55)

fordcrzy, Oct 6, 1:07am
looking for some tires for the runabout 2008 suzuki swift just driven around town 80% of the time. looking at maybe the "new" Kingstar sk70 or even the sk10 in 195/55. comfort/low noise/ long wear are essential. any other recomendations that dont cost the earth?

intrade, Oct 6, 1:14am
jinyu tyres are cheap and compete with micheline and other expensive tyres wet roads is where most tyres fail to perform and the jinyu are almost as good as them ultra expensive micheline pilot and there like

tamarillo, Oct 6, 2:15am
Brand name tyres from major makers who invest in r and d and make quality tyres. Wet day, downhill, emergency stop or need to avoid suddenly. You just don't want cheap tyres. IMO.

fordcrzy, Oct 6, 2:24am
major manufacturers are hell bent on making tyres that last under 30000kms IMO. its crazy that a small lightweight hatch cant get 40,000+kms on a set of tyres. i dont give a rats about high speed(160kmh) wet weather or cornering.

muzz67, Oct 6, 4:08am
Had a good run from 'Goodride'. Quiet and soft, last fair while and pretty cheap.

stevo2, Oct 6, 4:51am
I put a set of Kingstar SK? on Mrs Stevos Mazda Axela SP23 a few years back and they were a great tyre for the $$$.
Didnt lose traction, wore well and handled/braked as good in the wet as any other tyre that's been on it.

msigg, Oct 6, 5:48am
Go to firestone and talk to them, they are the experts.

skin1235, Oct 6, 5:59am
now heres an outside the box response
Suzuki assemble a lot of their vehicles in Wanganui - especially a lot of their SUV and offroad type vehicles
As most kiwi 'blokes' know more about tyres than the manufacturers, they request 'grippier' tyres be fitted to their vehicles when buying them, the original tyres supplied are just not up to kiwi 'bloke' ability

So - Wanganui Suzuki have pallets of the original 15 tyres at very low prices - I bought a pallet of 20 for $15 each for instance, they don't have super huge chunky tread ( and therefore don't drown out the radio ), they tend to dig deeper in the mud - and find the dryer dirt and grip beneath the mud - on asphalt they handle as good as any other tyre, they do have a stiffer sidewall than the regular car tyre though, on the rear of your standard Suzuki you'd never know a tyre had no pressure in it - right pain in the proverbial if you think lowering the pressure will get you through that particular soft area, cos the buggas wont flex and give that added traction as you'd expect

the point = a call to Suzuki Wanganui will get you 4 tyres for less than $100, you just have to arrange to get them home

fordcrzy, Mar 20, 9:23am
they wanted $140 for a tyre that when i researched on the net had 1 star from reviews. no thanks. no way in hell im paying 165+ea for runabout tyres with no special features.