Is it really necessary to put in engine

reeb, May 22, 5:57am
oil flush. me i think it worth it, esp diesel motors, but wondering what you guys have to say. thanks

intrade, May 22, 6:06am
not required unless it was negle cted, to much neglect and a flush and engine dismenteling will be required,
Just a flush will deposit the crud down the sump and block the oil pickup.
So "normally " you wont need any flushing in oils service.

motorboy2011, May 22, 6:51am
If it was neglected NEVER use our flush. Gunked up stuck in there tar crap if best left alone rather than half ass knocked off by some junk in a bottle that leads to the crap getting into oil feeds and galleries and oil pickups etc where it does real damage.

reeb, May 22, 6:54am
so in other words another product not required? what about moreys additive to diesel engines, to protect against the lack of i think is sulpher in the fuel? thanks.

intrade, May 22, 6:56am
diesel additive in fuel is a good idea because you never know the quality of the fuel. ethanol contermination causes rapid agressive corrosion in any diesel. i covered that subject 100 times since the last 10 years.

gammelvind, May 22, 7:10am
As an additional to the OP's original question. With the cleaning effect of synthetic oils would not a change to to synthetic basically achieve a flushing effect?

gsimpson, Jan 18, 1:42pm
Most motor oils have a detergent. Diesel oil more so.
There are non detergent oils for use in older engines without an oil filter where the engine is designed so the dirt ends up in the sump rather than being pumped continuously around the engine (Morris lubricants have a range)