Reverse Gear Beep

mrscat, Feb 11, 1:35am
Is it possible to get a beep installed for when you are in reverse gear and who might do it. Has never been a problem before but last week I nearly drove off in reverse. Has made me more aware not to do it again but would like to get the beep installed. TIA

saxman99, Feb 11, 1:44am
You can buy a headlight reminder beeper which could easily be installed as a reverse reminder instead.

laspaz, Feb 11, 1:45am
Yep, you can get a reverse bulb with a beeper built in, easy as.

purple666, Feb 11, 1:52am
I learn new stuff every day, and am always saying "what will they think of next".

laspaz, Feb 11, 1:55am
For everything I see that makes life easy, I think of something that surprises me there is no better option.

tamarillo, Feb 11, 1:55am
Slightly disturbing that you nearly drive off in reverse. Sounds rude but I'm struggling with that!

laspaz, Feb 11, 1:58am
Does make you wonder what safegaurds would be in place when the beeper fails one day.

mrscat, Feb 11, 2:02am
Where would you buy such a device.Just moved the gear stick forward 2 instead of 3 notches. Always looks for the D now just in case.

morticia, Feb 11, 2:21am
My trusty old Primera has an internal reversing beeper but I'd like another one that can be heard outside, as well.

morticia, Feb 11, 3:27am
Something like that but would want a wired in one, a stick-on the back job isn't really up to it. It's a 2 minute job to wire in, like the backing camera and they are cheap enough on Aliexpress, I just have to actually order one.

stevo2, Feb 11, 5:55am
^^ This ^^ Done a few of them. Easy Peasy

m16d, Feb 11, 6:02am
Were you pissed. ?

intrade, Feb 11, 7:55am
it would help to know exat year make model from www.carjam.co.nz
the reason is then we can see if it normally already has a beeper system or if it is a real new car then modificarions can lead to more problems

socram, Jun 23, 3:59am
Have to agree. Manual or auto gearbox?

When I have got it wrong, I have only ever travelled about 100mm before correcting the error. Swapping between different cars with different gear change configurations can cause temporary hiccups.

On some older manual gearboxes, particularly with a column change, if you were used to a four speed box and switched to someone's Ford with a 3 speed box, getting reverse rather than 1st was a simple error.