5000hp, with THAT exhaust?

Page 1 / 2
dave653, May 31, 11:33pm
Don't believe everything you read I spose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWWAyClnglo

dave653, May 31, 11:36pm
Stop at 3.18 and check the square turns.

mals69, May 31, 11:57pm
Poor bugger blown all his budget on the car
now has to make do with a tea- towel for a hat

skin1235, Jun 1, 2:14am
5000 with bends like that, throw some freeflows on and get 6000 in the morning
still an impressive bit of kit though, would love to actaully see under the hood/shell and have a bit more info curb weight etc, take some good kit to get 5000 on the ground and once there keep it there, and get it stopped at the end of the street too

mrfxit, Jun 1, 2:40am
LOL yea noticed that & thought WHAAAT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGkE4kZZTQI
Does sound pretty mean.

fordcrzy, Jun 1, 4:27am
i think they used the same guy that rates flash drives and AA size battery capacity to work out the HP.

vivac, Jun 1, 4:36am
5000hp, bottle top brakes, looks like a winning combination.

dave653, Jun 1, 4:57am
4WD, chewing gum tyres. with helium, carbon fibre everything, silk nightshirt, bare feet, clean shaven (yeah right), love to see some 'proof' to the claims.

attitudedesignz, Jun 1, 6:03am
Does no one do research before they make claims anymore?

"The Worlds first V16 Car"

About 80 years too late.

Marmon (?) but definitely Cadillac had a 'consumer' available V16 in the early '30s.

tamarillo, Jun 1, 6:43am
Bs. That thing is a rashly put together fake. There are so many reasons why this is bs so let's start with a public fact. No one can make tyres that will go that speed or handle that acceleration, that's why the veyron is limited.
Bs.

tamarillo, Jun 1, 6:44am
Check out the three little bolts each side holding that rear wing on. Yeah right.

sr2, Jun 1, 7:21am
Shhhh. "a fool and his money are easily. !".

fordcrzy, Jun 1, 7:46am
he says it has 4 turbos. but the exhaust clearly shows 16 primaries merging (badly) into the exhaust at the rear. there a no turbos on that car

mrfxit, Jun 1, 9:00am
Is that like the difference between RMS & PMPO rated audio speakers

mrfxit, Jun 1, 9:01am
The Veyron was eaten by a Jaguar

wellyguynz, Jun 1, 11:12am
Is it phiysicly possible to do 0-100 in 1.8 sec ?

morrisman1, Jun 1, 11:30am
Top fuel dragster gets to 100mph in less than a second, so yes its possible

sr2, Jun 1, 11:33am
Dare I say it,. sounds like HSV horsepower to me!

clark20, Jun 1, 11:51am

craigs_workshop, Jun 1, 8:28pm
take a look at the exhaust on the first model Suzuki Hayabusa at your next opportunity

it will surprise you

craigs_workshop, Jun 1, 8:31pm
but as for that show car - the panel & paint & interior have a reasonable level of finish . . . . .

so were they not able to afford a half-trained metal worker for that exhaust ?!?!?!?

321mat, Jun 3, 1:19am
If they smoothed out the exhaust pipe flow (too many sharp corners), they could easily get a lot more horsepower.
Those sudden curves would just destroy power, because the sound wave pressure - which is crucial for tuning torque delivery - would be seriously compromised. And, as far as top end horsepower goes, you need a straight flowing pipe to get best results.

5000hp. In their dreams.

richardmayes, Jun 3, 1:20am
Goldenrod went 409MPH with 4x Chrysler Hemis making 2400hp in 1965.

So there's no reason this COULDN'T be real. but the excessive size of the "5000HP" signs on each side of the engine makes me suspect this thing is probably intended to be enjoyed static in a garage, by those whose friends all own gold-plated Pagani Zondas already so you need something BIG to impress your mates.

tgray, Jun 3, 2:52am
Remember, this one is only the prototype.

fordcrzy, Jun 3, 6:02am
he says it has four turbos yet you can clearly see the badly fabbed primary runners going out the back of the car. there are no turbos on that car.