Ford Mondeo 2.0 petrol 2004

julian.walls, Dec 3, 12:40pm
I recently purchased a Ford Mondeo its NZ new and was owned first by a local lift company I have no car instructional manual for it anybody know where i can get a paper based one and what is recomended unleaded fuel is it 95 octane or 91?
My Mondeo does not have a model name its just Mondeo its a ex Rep car but well equipped I assume its a LX?

intrade, Dec 3, 7:04pm
nothing really runs on 91 propperly apart from a few orthans like maybe some fal-coons from australia and i think some of the rover mems can be programmed to run low octane with a factory scanner.
You looked at carjam.co.nz what it said your mondeo had as engine and then you can get haynes manual for generic fixups on these.

tamarillo, Dec 3, 7:19pm
If you mean the user manual that comes with a car, try wreckers. Bound to have one if you search them.
91 is ok, 95 better.

mush13, Dec 3, 10:14pm
I had a 2005LX 2L petrol, went round nz in it and tried 91, 95 and 98, after that i always used 95.

craigsmith, Dec 4, 12:42am
All Euro cars require 95+. The Ford spec for all Mondeo petrols is 95. Anything less will do damage, anything more is pointless and a waste of $.

reb53, Dec 4, 5:58am
My (older) Mondeo requires 95, and if you have to use 91 there is a plug you can pull which presumably brings into play a different map on the engine management system.

fordcrzy, Dec 5, 9:57am
we had an '02. it had better mileage on 95. so 95 was for instance 5% dearer but gave 7% better mileage so was actually cheaper than 91.

julian.walls, Jul 23, 11:33am
Thanks for your help cars i been putting in 95 for the last 10 days and yep I try the wreckers There is Pick and Part in Wingate near by work - yep i am looking for the user instruction manual not the Haynes diy manual although that would be useful too :)